Thread: Suppertime!

1. #1 Suppertime! 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Home ground pork meatloaf, baked potato, green beans, homemade English muffin bread.
    "If space is a vacuum who changes the bags"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Smoked club samich.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I had baked chicken, store bought and the dog loved it, me not so much. I will probably have a frozen burrito later this evening even knowing I will probably be having some antacid as a chaser. Dog just loves that old greasy chicken, I just gave her the last of it and put the container with the bones and dribbling s out on the porch for the little kitten that is a regular for breakfast and this evening supper which surprised me seeing it out in the cold wind. I finally saw the older kitten which is about twice the size of this little one and I was worried that one might have gotten run over or something but it showed up for breakfast this morning. I also have a cat that belongs to the old mother cat that was here for about three years off and on. This one has one eye missing and the other half closed and how it still sees well enough to get around in the neighborhood is really surprising. I have to watch him because he will hog all the food from these other two smaller cats and I know he isn't starving and eating someplace other than here but I still let him eat a bit.

I'm going to do a boneless pork loin in the rotisserie. Been a while, so I gotta look up the seasoning. Just a rub ( garlic, paprika, etc. ). Takes maybe 1 & 1 /2 hours. Catch the juices in the bottom pan for gravy.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth View Post
    I'm going to do a boneless pork loin in the rotisserie. Been a while, so I gotta look up the seasoning. Just a rub ( garlic, paprika, etc. ). Takes maybe 1 & 1 /2 hours. Catch the juices in the bottom pan for gravy.
    Try wrapping a pork loin in pepper bacon sometime.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Try wrapping a pork loin in pepper bacon sometime.
    Ya can't go wrong with bacon. I like it roasted with some brown sugar sprinkled on it. Messy to clean up, but worth the effort.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth View Post
    Ya can't go wrong with bacon. I like it roasted with some brown sugar sprinkled on it. Messy to clean up, but worth the effort.
    Tasty and browns nice.
    Pork loin is like white meat chicken breast, by themselves they are low in flavor. They are a canvas ready to be painted.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Chicken broiled with Cajun seasoning and rice with the same.

I found a new Cajun seasoning-Slap Ya Mama. It's a lot spicier than the kind I used to get.

I always cooked rice in an old double wall pot ( WW2 ). Has an air space between two pots that are sealed together. Nothing ever sticks. I also have an AROMA rice cooker. Naturally, saffron with the rice. I will say, the old pot is amazing. You can put sugar in it, and it won't burn. You can still find them on eBay. Also has a pressure cooker lid, but I won't use it because of the age. The old pot is from my mothers old electric stove. Had a burner that you could unlock and it would drop into a well. In went the pot. Maybe as a deep fryer, but I'm not sure. The pot is a Calrod.
    Last edited by Jimsouth; 02-11-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Tasty and browns nice.
    Pork loin is like white meat chicken breast, by themselves they are low in flavor. They are a canvas ready to be painted.
    The pork loin turned out well, but I always save some for pork & rice.