1. #1 Turkish Sheepdog 
    It's like a pony. The dog is enormous. I knew of a Turkish Sheepdog that hung out at a playground & watched the kids. If a stranger stepped onto the property, the dog would position himself between the kids & the stranger. The herding instinct was that strong. One of the few dogs that would keep a pure genetic line if mankind was wiped from the Earth. They have been herding for probably 1,000s of years, and they view any other dogs as a threat to the flock. They only breed within their own species ( naturally ). They have actually evolved to resemble the sheep they herd.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's a big pupper!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That's a big pupper!
    8 Things You Didn't Know About the Anatolian Shepherd Dog ...
    https://www.akc.org Expert Advice Lifestyle Did You Know?
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I need one of these, I lost 30 sheep and goats to coyotes last year.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Probably the best defense against predators when it comes to protecting a flock. I imagine they are expensive; but how much did your loss cost you? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contact Us - Rocky Mountain Kangal | Missoula, Montana
    www.rockymountainkangal.com/index.php?id=contact
    For pups picked up you save the $400 shipping cost and also get a $500 discount for a total price of $2,000 picked up. Depending on pup quality, age, gender, guarantee, contract, buyer, location, parents and pic of litter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- The large Turkish dogs around 36" 180lbs run between 40-45mph
    Last edited by Jimsouth; 02-14-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That doesn't look like a dog that would be intimidated by a coyote.

My cousin has an Australian Sheepdog that is really big and really smart. He has her for companionship and urban security. She's a good protector of the wife and kid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That doesn't look like a dog that would be intimidated by a coyote.

My cousin has an Australian Sheepdog that is really big and really smart. He has her for companionship and urban security. She's a good protector of the wife and kid, too.
    I've seen cattle dogs jump up on the backs of cattle, to view the herd.

Now these dogs are too much. They are fearless; even though they are so small. Very very in intelligent:Our Jack Russel would get a running start & climb the apple tree. Zak catch Catfish in pool... - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJzwoyf-2FM

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth View Post
    Now these dogs are too much. They are fearless; even though they are so small. Very very in intelligent:Our Jack Russel would get a running start & climb the apple tree. Zak catch Catfish in pool... - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJzwoyf-2FM

I have a JR mixed with Rat Terrier-she's bigger than a JRT, weighs about 25 lbs. She isn't fearless, because I got her at a shelter and she'd been mistreated. Most of her fears have to do with children and teenaged boys. She's also afraid of the really stupid Rott/black lab mix that lives next door.

She's not afraid of cats or the wild animals in the area. She thinks possums want to play when they hiss at her.