Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Instead of extrapolating from something said concerning a very specific and narrow circumstance, why not find out what Trump has actually said concerning the Second Amendment?

Donald Trump on Gun Control

Florida Governor Rick Scott signed into law a bill imposing a 21-year-old legal age requirement and three-day waiting period on all gun purchases and allowing the arming of some school employees.
    Florida now joins six other states-GA, KS, SD, TN, TX, and WY--with laws allowing public school employees to carry firearms to work. President Donald Trump has voiced support for the idea, also espoused by the NRA. ...\
    ... In January 2016, Trump pledged to end gun-free zones in schools and military bases, telling a crowd, "I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools -- you have to -- and on military bases on my first day. It gets signed my first day. You know what a gun-free zone is to a sicko? That's bait." Asked whether she supported Trump's proposal to end gun-free zones, DeVos replied, "I will support what the president-elect does."

We need a Supreme Court that in my opinion is going to uphold the Second Amendment, and all amendments, but the Second Amendment, which is under absolute siege. I believe if my opponent should win this race, which I truly don't think will happen, we will have a Second Amendment which will be a very, very small replica of what it is right now. ... The justices that I'm going to appoint ... They will be protecting the Second Amendment. ... (Donald Trump) Third 2016 Presidential Debate in Las Vegas , Oct 19, 2016
    Q: Are there any circumstances that you think we should be limiting gun sales of any kind in America?
    TRUMP: No. I am a 2nd amendment person. If we had guns in California on the other side where the bullets went in the different direction, you wouldn't have 14 or 15 people dead right now. If even in Paris, if they had guns on the other side, going in the opposite direction, you wouldn't have 130 people plus dead. So the answer is no and what Jeb said is absolutely correct.

Source: Fox Business 2016 Republican 2-tier debate , Jan 14, 2016
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

If taking away guns is first and due process is second, what do we do with the canolis?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
    Is this an anti-gun forum?

No it isn't, don't act stupid.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Instead of extrapolating from something said concerning a very specific and narrow circumstance, why not find out what Trump has actually said concerning the Second Amendment?
    Your link is dated 2016, it seems Trump changed his mind in 2018.

Trump also said he would eliminate gun free zones, not much progress by Trump on that so far. There are some bills in the works and some state allow teachers to carry guns in class as far as I know.

The Obama administration did direct that restrictions on carry guns on military bases be eased.
    https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/D..._dodd_2016.pdf
    Last edited by Ranb; 02-11-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with airplanes, automobiles and golf clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    No it isn't, don't act stupid.
    I ask because the silly gun graphic in post #7 is usually associated with the anti-gun lunatic fringe. This is the first time I've seen it used on a conservative forum when attempting to insult a gun owner.
    My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with airplanes, automobiles and golf clubs.

Your link is dated 2016, it seems Trump changed his mind in 2018.

Trump also said he would eliminate gun free zones, not much progress by Trump on that so far. There are some bills in the works and some state allow teachers to carry guns in class as far as I know.
    Or maybe trying to generalize from a very narrow and specific circumstance to Trump's Second Amendment stance is just nonsense.

Trump does not rule by decree. As your post acknowledges. Presidents don't write laws, so the slowness of progress is due to those who do, Congress.

I ask because the silly gun graphic in post #7 is usually associated with the anti-gun lunatic fringe. This is the first time I've seen it used on a conservative forum when attempting to insult a gun owner.
    I don't hang out on anti-gun forums, so I cannot comment on whether they use it. OTOH, I've seen that (or a similar) graphic used on conservative sites like this one with some regularity, and have done so myself on occasion. Usually the context of use is to mock anti-gun liberals' ignorance of guns.

....Trump does not rule by decree. As your post acknowledges. Presidents don't write laws, so the slowness of progress is due to those who do, Congress.
    So let's say Congress passes a bill that provides for very little or no due process prior to seizing an otherwise legally possessed firearm just because someone complained about your gun. Knowing that Trump went against his VP's idea of "due process prior to seizure", are you certain you can count on Trump to veto the bill?

Remember Trump is the executive whose administration wrote the regulation that defined bump stocks as machine guns. Trump did nothing to stop this nonsense at all. This March the half million or so Americans who own them will have to decide if they will give them up without compensation or risk ten years in prison and a $10k fine.

I don't hang out on anti-gun forums, so I cannot comment on whether they use it. OTOH, I've seen that (or a similar) graphic used on conservative sites like this one with some regularity, and have done so myself on occasion. Usually the context of use is to mock anti-gun liberals' ignorance of guns.
    I hope you're not calling me an anti-gun liberal.

I do hang out on some anti-gun forums; trying to convert some poor misguided souls. Some of those anti-gun forums are actually gun forums as only certain kinds of firearms are acceptable to discuss there. Sometimes gun owners are their own worst enemies.

Examples of the anti-gun gun forums would be;
    www.thefirearmsforum.com
    www.gunandgame.com

I'd say Trump has too much legal gun owner support to make waves. Still, circumstances do change; so I keep a low profile, and take notes. That being said, it will "always be effortless" to locate & acquire an illegal firearm & ammunition. Full blow gun confiscation will create a firearm black market that will go through the roof.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp