1. #1 Another nail in the NBA coffin 
    (Rudy) Tomjanovich, the only coach to have taken teams to Olympic and NBA championships who is not in the Hall of Fame and had been a finalist the past two seasons, was not named a finalist.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Because he was an average player at best and the only reason the team he coached won championships is because Michael Jordan took a year and a half off. Oh, and Chuck Daly coached both an NBA champion(Pistons) and the gold medal team in the Olympics. He was the coach of the original Dream Team.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Because he was an average player at best and the only reason the team he coached won championships is because Michael Jordan took a year and a half off. Oh, and Chuck Daly coached both an NBA champion(Pistons) and the gold medal team in the Olympics. He was the coach of the original Dream Team.
    Sorry that you’ve confused your dreams with reality. Maybe one day you’ll catch up.

Chuck was the best, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Sorry that you’ve confused your dreams with reality. Maybe one day you’ll catch up.
    So you're saying an average player and an average coach belongs in the HOF? And nothing I said is untrue. Had Michael Jordan not taking time off, the Bulls would have run the 90's. That is a stone cold fact. As a player, he averaged 17PPG and as a coach, he was above average with a winning % of .549. Not hall of fame worthy. Billy Cunningham deserves to be in as a coach over this guy.

So you're saying an average player and an average coach belongs in the HOF? And nothing I said is untrue. Had Michael Jordan not taking time off, the Bulls would have run the 90's. That is a stone cold fact. As a player, he averaged 17PPG and as a coach, he was above average with a winning % of .549. Not hall of fame worthy. Billy Cunningham deserves to be in as a coach over this guy.
    Your above opinion, and it’s no more than your opinion, and $5 will buy you the lowest price cup of coffee at the local Starbucks. It’s quite apparent that many fans and members of the NBA do not agree with that opinion or this story would not raise its ugly head year after year after year.

I will not ever say anything detrimental about Jordan but one man ain’t “Da Bulls” and as a group - meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Your above opinion, and it’s no more than your opinion, and $5 will buy you the lowest price cup of coffee at the local Starbucks. It’s quite apparent that many fans and members of the NBA do not agree with that opinion or this story would not raise its ugly head year after year after year.

I will not ever say anything detrimental about Jordan but one man ain’t “Da Bulls” and as a group - meh.
    See, you just showed your ignorance. There isn't anything 'meh' about a team that won 6 titles in 8 years and the 2 years they didn't win, Jordan was trying his hand at baseball. And if no one agrees with me then why is no one voting for Tomjanovich? Also, how does he deserve to be in ahead of someone like K.C. Jones?

Who?

If you don't know who K.C. Jones is then there's no going further in this conversation because you're proving your ignorance on basketball.

If you don't know who K.C. Jones is then there's no going further in this conversation because you're proving your ignorance on basketball.
    Sailed over your head like a frisbee didn’t it! Take that burr haircut and go to a real ball game watching the Rockets.