Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe now contends that his comments about using the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office were “taken out of context and misrepresented.”

A spokeswoman for the scandal-plagued McCabe issued a statement Friday asserting that he “at no time” participated in, nor was he “aware” of any discussions that were related to employing the 25th Amendment in order to oust Trump from office.

“At no time did Mr. McCabe participate in any extended discussions about the use of the 25th Amendment, nor is he aware of any such discussions,” spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz said in a statement. “Mr. McCabe has merely confirmed a discussion that was initially reported elsewhere.”

The statement comes amid the controversy over McCabe’s bombshell interview with “60 Minutes” in which he admitted there was a plan being formulated by himself and Justice Department officials in 2017 to “remove” President Donald Trump from office.

McCabe, who was fired from the bureau in March 2018, admitted in the CBS interview that the there had been discussion about invoking the 25th Amendment against the president and that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had volunteered to wear a wire in his meetings with Trump.

CBS News’s Scott Pelley conducted the interview, scheduled to air on Sunday, and shared that McCabe told him about the discussions which many likened to a coup d'état

He was for the 25th Amendment before he was against it !

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/02...omments-724320