Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 Politically correct brigade demands one woman on each fire engine 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Fire engines will have to have at least one firewoman on board in order to meet diversity guidelines, town hall leaders claim.

    "And one female fire dog
    !"

    The Local Government Association (LGA) has said that at at least 15 per cent of those in operational roles should be female.

    That means they will fill one of the five or six places for crew on each engine.

    The LGA said an increased number of firewomen is necessary "to meet the needs of local people".

    But critics warned that political correctness was being put above the ability to save lives.

    Susie Squire, of the Taxpayers' Alliance, said: "Introducing this sort of quota to the fire service is a big mistake.

    "If ever there was a job that should be awarded on merit and physical fitness, it is that of a firefighter.

    "This quota system will not only cost taxpayers money by introducing additional and unnecessary administration, but could risk the safety of all of us in the long run."

    At present fewer than one in ten firefighters are female.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...re-engine.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 12-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    I have a relative who took early retirement. He was a captain in one of the local fire departments. When political correctness raised its head in his area, he left. He said it would be too dangerous to trust his life and those under him to some very incompetent firefighters. I don't blame him.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    *ahem*

    Megimoo.

    Did we...forget...something? :D:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Feel free not to post a link to this UK story. It's embarrassing enough as it is. :(

    The sooner we get rid of this crappy socialist government the better.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Feel free not to post a link to this UK story. It's embarrassing enough as it is. :(

    The sooner we get rid of this crappy socialist government the better.
    Don't be embarrassed. It's the same in the US. As I said my cousin faced this some time ago in this area.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Patent Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,784
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Fire engines will have to have at least one firewoman on board in order to meet diversity guidelines, town hall leaders claim.

    "And one female fire dog
    !"

    .
    Next thing you know the damn muzzies will be offended by the sight of the dog. :mad:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I have a relative who took early retirement. He was a captain in one of the local fire departments. When political correctness raised its head in his area, he left. He said it would be too dangerous to trust his life and those under him to some very incompetent firefighters. I don't blame him.
    I say - any woman who can heft my 250 pound ass onto her shoulders and CARRY me out of a burning building - that woman is qualified to be a firefighter. Otherwise - get back in the kitchen and do the damn dishes!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I say - any woman who can heft my 250 pound ass onto her shoulders and CARRY me out of a burning building - that woman is qualified to be a firefighter. Otherwise - get back in the kitchen and do the damn dishes!
    And where is my damned sammich, Bitch!:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    The sooner we get rid of this crappy socialist government the better.
    Don't worry, the Islamic takeover of your country will be over soon and believe me, you won't have to worry about women firefighters, doctors, cops, cashiers or any of that silly stuff.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •