Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    1 cup warm water
    1.5 tsp salt
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons butter
    3 cups white flour, substitute 1 third of that with whole wheat if you like.
    1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
    If you are making dough for rolls or pizza add 1 large egg
    1 tablespoon yeast, I prefer Fleischmann's instant dry.
    Mix thoroughly let set until it warms through and then kneed the hell out of it.
    let it rise in a bowl and when 3 times the size punch it down and roll it out into a rectangle 10" x 14" with both side liberally floured. Roll the dough into 10" long cylinder and put it in a greased bread pan.Let rise as high as you dare but keep it warm and humid.

In regular oven 40 minutes at 350. In a convection oven which I prefer, 300 for 30 minutes.
    I'll fire up my Bosch Dough machine tomorrow. Haven't done bread for quite some time. If you like to bake, the small Bosch is really nice. I believe I got the machine from Pleasant Hill Grain company.Pleasant Hill Grain
    https://pleasanthillgrain.com/
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth View Post
    I'll fire up my Bosch Dough machine tomorrow. Haven't done bread for quite some time. If you like to bake, the small Bosch is really nice. I believe I got the machine from Pleasant Hill Grain company.Pleasant Hill Grain
    https://pleasanthillgrain.com/
    I have a zojirushi that I use most of the time if I'm too busy to do it manually. It works fine but not like manually.
    I also have a merry mill stone wheat grinder, I need to get busy making more whole wheat, I have 200# of hard red and hard white clean bread wheat on hand.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Another fine loaf.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Iv'e gone 100% manual, I don't really mind kneading the dough. Bread isn't the same without the foreplay.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez