Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Is there not a difference between little kids "experimenting" and full on sexual incest by teens or adults? I would make the case the these are psychologically (and not just physically) very different things.

Also, the issue was adults sexually abusing children: I fear that the language of "discrimination" will overwhelm the language of child protection.
    Of course, but I was responding to Fla's comments about incest, which is sometimes sexual abuse and sometimes not.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You'll be able to "marry" your
    horse or dog soon, I'd bet
    money on it.

Liberals will say, who are
    YOU to judge!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Of course, but I was responding to Fla's comments about incest, which is sometimes sexual abuse and sometimes not.
    I am aware of that. Your answer is what set up my question.

There was a time when attitudes toward homosexuality were so negative that any idea of "gay marriage" was laughable--something that no one ever thought would have happen. I think we're in the same spot with pedophilia now. Twenty years will change many things...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You'll be able to "marry" your
    horse or dog soon, I'd bet
    money on it.
    I'll take that bet. Name a reasonable time when any judicial branch action make's it legal.

Banned
    I am aware of that. Your answer is what set up my question.

There was a time when attitudes toward homosexuality were so negative that any idea of "gay marriage" was laughable--something that no one ever thought would have happen. I think we're in the same spot with pedophilia now. Twenty years will change many things...
    There is more and more push back on child marriages in this country as the years go by. I don't think child abuse (pedophilia) is ever going to be acceptable as a "sexual preference".

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
    There is more and more push back on child marriages in this country as the years go by. I don't think child abuse (pedophilia) is ever going to be acceptable as a "sexual preference".
    I hope you are correct about this. However, after watching the homosexual "rights" movement and now the "trans" movement, I see nothing to stop the pedophile movement. Who would have thought 10 years ago that we would now be discussing whether minor children would be allowed to decide their gender or to take hormones without their parent's knowledge, approval or protection?

Delaware will allow children to choose their own RACE and gender WiTHOUT their parentsí approval
    http://sandrarose.com/2018/02/delawa...ents-approval/

State power now being used to force parents to transgender their kids ó or else
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...__or_else.html

Judges Caving to Transgender Activists on Parentsí Rights
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...arents-rights/

Parental Rights: A Casualty of the Transgender Revolution
    https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2018/02/21122/

Right now, the idea is that "choosing gender" is a child's "right". Soon it will be that choosing to have sex with an adult is a child's "right."

Power CUer
    Add also:

In Their Own Words: Parents of Kids Who Think They Are Trans Speak Out
    https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2019/02/49686/

Especially the note before the article:

Parents like us must remain anonymous to maintain our childrenís privacy, and because we face legal repercussions if our names are revealed. Parents who do not support their childís gender identity risk being reported to Child Protective Services and losing custody of their children.

Add also:

In Their Own Words: Parents of Kids Who Think They Are Trans Speak Out
    https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2019/02/49686/

Especially the note before the article:
    We have not really had that issue come up from the CPS side, yet. We do have kids with GLBTQ issues in the FC system, though, and a program to help them when they get older and are leaving the system. We have the same thing for other kids, but one specializes in GLBTQ kids. It gets a lot of private funding, in addition to being paid by us the per diem rate for each kid.

Of course, we intervene when a parent physically abuses a child, whatever the reason. So the crazy parent who tries to "beat the gay out" of their child is going to lose custody if it comes to CPS attention. But that would be removing due to the physical abuse regardless of whatever reason the parent gives for it.

I really don't know what would happen in the state decided we were going to intervene in cases in which parents disagree with their children about the children's sexual orientation or if they refuse to allow a child who identifies as trans to transition. I think it would be a disaster for both the families involved and the department. There really needs to be a clear standard of age 18 for transitioning without parental consent to avoid involving CPS/FC in cases like that. It would be a very bad precedent as far as parental rights are concerned if there was some type of ruling that stated it was child abuse to refuse an underage child the procedures to transition to the other gender and would have implications beyond just the GLBTQ issues.

This didn't happen in the U.S. (Yet)

Woman ‘marries’ a train station after spending 36 years in love with it

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/27/woman...7/?ito=cbshare
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    This didn't happen in the U.S. (Yet)

Woman Ďmarriesí a train station after spending 36 years in love with it
    Train, tunnel, here comes the choo choo.............oh never mind I'm at a comedy crossroad here!
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez