Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pueblo police officer accidentally shoots wife while cleaning gun 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    PUEBLO The Pueblo County sheriff's office says a woman was injured after being accidentally shot by her husband, an off-duty Pueblo police officer

"Another one of those pesky unloaded guns going off while being cleaned By a Cop !
    "He just finished cleaning it when it went off.How in hell can you run a cleaning rod through a gun barrel and not notice that it has a round in it ?" "

The sheriff's office says deputies responded to a report of an accidental shooting at the couple's home at about 12:15 a.m. Sunday.The woman, Robin Vaughn, was transported to Parkview Medical Center, where she was treated for a gunshot wound to her torso.

Authorities say a preliminary investigation showed Vaughn's husband, Pueblo police officer Stephen Vaughn, had just finished cleaning a pistol when it discharged.The two were in separate rooms at the time, and the round struck Robin Vaughn after traveling through a wall.

The case is being investigated by the sheriff's office and will be sent to the district attorney's office for review.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...hoots-wife-whi'

I am still trying to figure out how someone accidentally shoots someone else or themselves when cleaning a gun.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Idiot Cop

asdfghjkl

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

This doesn't even register on the DUmbest Cops episode's top ten. When I was in Afghanistan, we had two MP's practicing quick draw. The "winner" put a bullet into the chest of the loser.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    This doesn't even register on the DUmbest Cops episode's top ten. When I was in Afghanistan, we had two MP's practicing quick draw. The "winner" put a bullet into the chest of the loser.:(
    It's sad when stuff like that happens, eh Sir? I remember hearing stories of a Marine back in Cali who was doing that while standing duty, flipping his M9 around acting like Roy Rogers and shot another Marine in the chest.

Last time I was out here in Iraq I watched an Officer discharge a round into a clearing barrel outside the Chow Hall. Rather then follow the standard procedures for clearing a weapon, this stupid putz aims into the barrel, takes it off safe and pulls the trigger. Round goes off, guys hit the deck and the MPs take his ass to the ground. What an idiot.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Sonnabend
    I am still trying to figure out how someone accidentally shoots someone else or themselves when cleaning a gun.
    You can't....check me on this, but cleaning a gun includes stripping it, disassembling it and oiling and / or lubricating the weapon..the ramp, check the springs, clean the barrel...so how the hell can there be a live round in the chamber, unless he loaded it AFTER cleaning?

And what kind of idiot cleans a gun with a live round in the chamber and the safety OFF?

This makes no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    You can't....check me on this, but cleaning a gun includes stripping it, disassembling it and oiling and / or lubricating the weapon..the ramp, check the springs, clean the barrel...so how the hell can there be a live round in the chamber, unless he loaded it AFTER cleaning?

And what kind of idiot cleans a gun with a live round in the chamber and the safety OFF?

This makes no sense...
    I know. I own 4 guns (Winchester 30/30, AR-15, 1873 Colt 45 replica and a Taurus PT145). All get cleaned on a regular basis. This sounds like either a cover up for a murder or suicide.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

This makes no sense...
    I'm not sure what gun he was cleaning but most likely a cheap Glock 9MM.Any fool should know enough to remove the clip and jack the slide a few times to clear the chamber .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I'm not sure what gun he was cleaning but most likely a cheap Glock 9MM.Any fool should know enough to remove the clip and jack the slide a few times to clear the chamber .
    I don't think that there is such a thing as a cheap Glock :D If there are please let me know where to get one.

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't think that there is such a thing as a cheap Glock :D If there are please let me know where to get one.
    Good price for used glock at gun store?

My wife and I went to the gun store yesterday, looking to buy our first pistol together. I'm dead set on the Glock 19 for its simplicity and low recoil. I originally wanted a new one but they cost $600 (he was going down when I talked to him more) Then I saw a used one for $395 that looked to be in excellent shape. It still had copper on the rails, whatever that means. It comes with a standard cap mag and a case. Would I be stupid to pass this one up? With the money I save we would get more rounds to practice with. BTW I already have 3 hi-cap mags for it. Any suggestions or advise?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=64710