Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Kennedy Center Honors The Who 
    On now on CBS. The musical tribute is amazingly good. And surprisingly, Jack Black did an excellent intro for them.

I have always been somewhat infatuated with Roger Daltry. When I saw them in concert around 91 or so I had dreams of him for weeks. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I have always been somewhat infatuated with Roger Daltry. When I saw them in concert around 91 or so I had dreams of him for weeks. :D
    Oh you. ;)

Who?

Like these guys are going to relevant in 100 years. The guys who did the soundtrack for 'Narnia" or 'Conan' will be. The new classical music will be found in the movie soundtracks between 1950 and whatever.

Sorry - I just couldn't resist harshing a post-hippie mellow. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Who?

Like these guys are going to relevant in 100 years. The guys who did the soundtrack for 'Narnia" or 'Conan' will be. The new classical music will be found in the movie soundtracks between 1950 and whatever.

Sorry - I just couldn't resist harshing a post-hippie mellow. :D
    Hush you!! Teenage Wasteland was my high school motto. Someone was even kind enough to spray paint it on the front of the building the day before the first day of school my junior year. :p

I mostly listen to country now, but when I hear some good rock, like from the Who, I remember what I'm missing.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hush you!! Teenage Wasteland was my high school motto. Someone was even kind enough to spray paint it on the front of the building the day before the first day of school my junior year. :p

I mostly listen to country now, but when I hear some good rock, like from the Who, I remember what I'm missing.
    You listen to Country music.....:eek:

That's the most fu....interesting thing I've heard in a while. :p

I listen to everything. Grew up on a mix of things. Rock. Soul. Country.

Teenage Wasteland. Nice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsbPVlFcmDs
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    You listen to Country music.....:eek:

That's the most fu....interesting thing I've heard in a while. :p

I listen to everything. Grew up on a mix of things. Rock. Soul. Country.

Teenage Wasteland. Nice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsbPVlFcmDs
    Now why is that fuinteresting?

I just got an ipod for Christmas. I checked my albums on there so far: Gretchen Wilson; Brooks and Dunn, Garth Brooks, Charlie Daniels, Carole King, Aretha Franklin, Motown Legends, LeeAnn Rimes, Toby Ketih, David Bowie and some jazz album.

I guess I'm sort of eclectic as well. I like 50's and early 60's rock and roll too.

There's nothing wrong with indulging in ear candy but it's not worth big time recognition. I happen to think that pop music began in 1979 and ended in 1993. That doesn't make me right but it does make me pathetic. On the other hand, I wear pastels really well and I still don't have flat, thin, chopped up hair.

For amusement I listen to alt. country, Celtic, Delta Blues, and Bluegrass. For the soundtrack of my life, I listen to Baroque, opera, Classical, and cheesy New Age compositions. I'm obviously not proud.

All of the "serious" composers at the moment are post-modern and therefore un-hearable. Pop won't fill that void in the future but movies will.

Blasphemy.....the song is called Baba O'Riley.:D
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Blasphemy.....the song is called Baba O'Riley.:D
    Is Baba Irish for Bubba? :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

On now on CBS. The musical tribute is amazingly good. And surprisingly, Jack Black did an excellent intro for them.

I paid $50 to sit on wet mud on a hillside at Alpine Valley to see that concert when they toured!

The playlist was just AWESOME! :)