Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MI doesn't already have a gas tax and DMV vehicle registration fees to fund road building and repair? Or has that money been stolen for "mass transit" and other pet project boondoggles, like Moonbeam started in his first (mid 70s through early 80s) regime?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    MI doesn't already have a gas tax and DMV vehicle registration fees to fund road building and repair? Or has that money been stolen for "mass transit" and other pet project boondoggles, like Moonbeam started in his first (mid 70s through early 80s) regime?
    Actually, the republican led legislature and former Governor Snyder (R) raised the gas tax a few years ago to allegedly fix the roads. Some projects have been completed, some haven't. But there's a new crop of potholes now because we've had so much up and down in the temps this winter.

I disagree with raising the gas tax any higher, and I don't think the legislature will allow that to happen at this point, but the roads did not get messed up in the last 6 weeks since this governor took office. For 8 years, all 3 branches of the state government were in GOP hands. 2 still are, and were during Granholm's tenure from 2003-2010. But I mainly blame Engler for privatizing the DOT in the 90s.