1. #1 Interesting Photo 
    Banned
    Anyone want to hazard a guess at what is going on in this photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
    Anyone want to hazard a guess at what is going on in this photo?

My guess it's a shock test of the sub in the picture.

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Banned
    Correct. I was an MM1/SS (ELT) on the boat back then. Five shocks, about one per week. We went out in the morning, got the shock test then returned to port for repairs prior to the next shock. I didn't notice it so much, but it was a rather tense time. One of the guys from the sub tender said he hated coming down on the boat between shocks because the crew was so tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
    Correct. I was an MM1/SS (ELT) on the boat back then. Five shocks, about one per week. We went out in the morning, got the shock test then returned to port for repairs prior to the next shock. I didn't notice it so much, but it was a rather tense time. One of the guys from the sub tender said he hated coming down on the boat between shocks because the crew was so tense.
    Thank you for your service in the armed forces, and I mean that.

I never served, but I do help to manufacture all kinds of crap that spys on all of us. The internet of things or IOT. Did you know that your garage door opener, toaster, and alarm clock, could be secretly conspiring against your microwave oven? Not to worry... Your thermostat and washing machine can whip them into shape in short order, if necessary. I wrote the code.

Just a little Friday morning humor folks. I don’t sleep.
    Last edited by Tecate; 03-08-2019 at 10:52 AM.