1. #1 My 33yo son on the subway fr Manhattan 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Ooook...

Sun Mar 10, 2019, 01:15 AM
    Duppers
    (14,890 posts)

My 33yo son on the subway fr Manhattan

Back to his apartment in Brooklyn. We were texting about our crazy dog when he suddenly changed the subject:

"There's a homeless person on the train next to me, and the woman across from me is giving him dirty looks. I want to chew her out. I'm going to make it a point to give him some money while she's looking. They're not bad people.they usually have a mental health issue they can't afford to treat that precludes work. I feel awful for homeless people....
    Want to be disgusted? Be disgusted that our country makes it impossible for the lower class to get meds for schizophrenia...
    When bezos could buy a third world country by himself. He could personally pull every homeless person in NYC out of the streets...
    Fucking hate late stage capitalist bullshit...
    That's what this bitch should be disgusted by."

- proud mama who has raised a good guy.

Sorry, DU Cred post not believed.
    May the FORCE be with you!

How elitist to assume that the guy is homeless and then conclude that he is probably mentally ill.

Some homeless are mentally ill but there are lots of reasons why one can be homeless but alcoholism and drug addiction are two of the biggest reasons. Also, some can't afford a place to live and others just want to be homeless.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Dude probably stank, and giving him $$ would just feed his chemical habit.

I donate to charities that help people out of addictions and homelessness. But between the fake beggars and the likelihood of money I gave being used for booze or dope, I don't give to homeless people "in the wild". Doing that just hurts them.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Virtue signaling by giving the person while the woman across from him giving dirty looks is looking. And maybe the dirty looks are for your son, not the homeless person.

Regarding Bezos and his obscene wealth , he's one of yours. Why doesn't he pull every homeless person in new York out of the gutter? Too busy playing with his mistress to care would be my guess.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

As with all stories by DUmmies, there is only one proper response....

"Cool story bro."
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    What really pisses me off is seeing someone in a wheelchair with a cardboard sign in their hands saying Veteran. Veterans in wheelchairs are not out on the streets, they get better pensions than my SS and if they need a place to live they get housing too, all they have to do is ask for it and most often the Primary care doctor will request it for them. In Houston you would see people like this during rush hour on the curbs of the freeway exits and always near some dive bar. The cops just leave them alone and let them sit there. The news had a short piece on San Francisco a couple days ago and the filth and trash is just absolutely unimaginable for a city like SF. It shows the level of neglect and poor policing, just like every major city the liberals control

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    How elitist to assume that the guy is homeless and then conclude that he is probably mentally ill.

Some homeless are mentally ill but there are lots of reasons why one can be homeless but alcoholism and drug addiction are two of the biggest reasons. Also, some can't afford a place to live and others just want to be homeless.

You'r correct, drugs and booze seem to be the main reason that people are homeless. And worse is the mentally ill self medicate with alcohol which neutralizes their meds; its like they're not taking their meds at all.
    There are homes for the mentally ill and even part time jobs, but if they use drugs and booze they either get get kicked out or they won't be allowed in. Maybe the 33 yld son is more worried about virtue signaling then helping the guy, because giving him money will only lead to him getting booze and drugs again.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.