1. #1 What is wrong with the elite people of America? 
    link

imanamerican63 (6,323 posts)

What is wrong with the elite people of America?

We have a president who lies about everything! We have politicians who buy votes and then lies to cover up everything among other things! We have actors and actress who are involved in scandals that will most definitely ruin their careers and land them in jail! Sport figures getting arrest for different reason ruining their careers!

Yes, we have seen many different people involved in a scandal or two, but man! Now it is an every day occurrence! Is it because they don't know better or is it that they have money and power to do whatever they feel, not think how what they are doing is breaking the law? All the glory of fame and fortune?

My parents always told my brothers and sisters while we were growing up, "always do the right thing, never cheat or lie, because in the end, someone will always find out if you are doing something wrong or illegal"! I guessing now days that might true in some ways, but yet some people still push the limits and try to get away with doing wrong!
    The DUmmies list? - Republicans, capitalism, the 'rich' feeling entitled, etc.

Sherman A1 (22,951 posts)

1. Two things

1). They have money

2). They don't believe that the rules (that we all have to live by) apply to them because of #1 above.
    RKP5637 (54,244 posts)

7. They feel insular and above reproach to whatever might happen to America.

Many feel wealthy and privileged, many have not seen the ravages of war and are ignorant as to how they are destroying the country. Many feel life will go on as usual without any grasp of how bankrupt of morality this administration is. Many are willfully stupid.

Deranged capitalism at work. Win at all costs and fuck the country and the people if in the way of $$$$$'s.

Here is a fine example of some of the elitist! https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142284556
    philly_bob (2,216 posts)

9. The influence of Ayn Rand in the 40's and 50's. /nt
    pwb (3,263 posts)

15. They certainly don't think of their families when they do these things?

The family values party.
    ooky (2,261 posts)

16. Look at all the corruption in the Republican Party.

They see that, so they rationalize its okay for them to use their money that way too.
    Johnny2X2X (5,005 posts)

19. Can you be an honest rich person?

Other than athletes, entertainers, and lottery winners, I ask myself, can you run a business and get rich while being honest. The truth is I am not sure. I know a lot of business owners, the ones who've gotten rich from it all cut corners and screw people over to get across that bridge from making a comfortable living to making a fortune. It's all about underpaying people and hiring good lawyers to maximize profits by cutting corners.

And you want to see the most self righteous individuals? Look to the people who inherited a small business from their parents and live off the labor of their employees. This group of people act like they split the atom on a daily basis when all they've really learned is a basic formula on how to get rich on the backs of others while getting creative with accounting.
    Act_of_Reparation (6,042 posts)

20. The same things that are wrong with everyone.

They just have the money and the means to get up to shit we can't.

People are awful. A good system keeps them in check. Our system is, well... not good.

Moral decay that cuts the roots of culture. Cut a tree's roots, the trunk and the branches start to rot and then the whole thing dies. That is what is happening in the Western World. The tree is dying and there is nothing to replace it but weeds and thistles and thorns.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

manamerican63 (6,323 posts)

... We have politicians who buy votes and then lies to cover up everything among other things! We have actors and actress who are involved in scandals that will most definitely ruin their careers and land them in jail! Sport figures getting arrest for different reason ruining their careers!
    These are YOUR elites. Having spawned and fed them, you don't like what you produced? And you still want elites like these in charge of your healthcare and industries and finances and every other part of your life?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

DUmmies are just pissed off that they can't do what the people they idolize get away with because of their wealth. You can bet, if they were as well off as the people they complain about, they'd be right there with the other rich people pulling the same kind of crap without any hesitation.
    Last edited by Zathras; 03-13-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    These are YOUR elites. Having spawned and fed them, you don't like what you produced? And you still want elites like these in charge of your healthcare and industries and finances and every other part of your life?

CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

imanamerican63 (6,323 posts)

We have a president who lies about everything! We have politicians who buy votes and then lies to cover up everything among other things! We have actors and actress who are involved in scandals that will most definitely ruin their careers and land them in jail! Sport figures getting arrest for different reason ruining their careers!
    Having the liberal / progressive democrat ideology
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

"19. Can you be an honest rich person?

Other than athletes, entertainers, and lottery winners, I ask myself, can you run a business and get rich while being honest."
    Um, those people listed can (And have) been just as capable of using dishonest means to get rich.
    1. How many athletes bent the rules and relied on illegal "Peformance enhancers" to get ahead? How many of them got even richer by running run less- than- honest "Side operations" using their athletic fame and influence, a la Michael Vick?
    2. Entertainers get and stay rich through dishonest means all the time. For instance, Mila Kunis has openly bragged about the fact that she lied about her age in order to get cast on "That 70's Show." Then, of course, there's all the entertainers that have gotten in trouble with the IRS for committing tax fraud or evasion. Not to mention, too, that it's well- known how rampant child molestation is in the entertainment industry, and how many entertainers, producers, agents, etc., cover it up in order to save their careers and their fortunes.
    3. Has this DUmmy honestly never heard of lottery scams/ fraud?
    Last edited by movie buff; 03-14-2019 at 05:13 PM.