Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fox finds a way to attack AOC after NZ shootings. 
    link

More hypocrisy from the left. It's OK for AOC to use the NZ shootings to criticize people of faith for sending "thoughts and prayers", but HOW DARE FOX criticize her for doing that.

She's a Democrat don't you know. She's a woman don't you know. She's a minority don't you know. And THOSE are supposed to give her the privilege of doing and saying whatever she wants and no one can call her out for what she says.

edbermac (14,172 posts)

Fox finds a way to attack AOC after NZ shootings.

While they were still cleaning up the blood and human remains in a Christchurch mosque, following the horrific mass shooting in New Zealand, Fox News wasted no time using the massacre as a means to attack Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Within less than four hours of a terrorist murdering at least 49 innocent Muslims, Fox News published a story as their second leading headline to only the mass shooting itself. The title read, ‘AOC draws ire ripping ‘your thoughts and prayers’ after Christchurch mosque shootings’.

While most politicians were asleep, Ocasio-Cortez jumped on Twitter to share the news of this tragic event with her 3.5+ million followers:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC

At 1st I thought of saying, “Imagine being told your house of faith isn’t safe anymore.”

But I couldn’t say “imagine.”

Because of Charleston.
    Pittsburgh.
    Sutherland Springs.

What good are your thoughts & prayers when they don’t even keep the pews safe?

11:13 PM - Mar 14, 2019

16.7K people are talking about this

Clearly Fox News was not happy by the way Ocasio-Cortez used other attacks on places of warship, such as the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting, the Charleston church shooting, and the Sutherland Springs church shooting, to point out that the things being done, including offering “thoughts & prayers” are not working.
    While the attack didn’t occur in the United States, it just as easily could have, and the shooter admitted that he supported President Trump as “a symbol of renewed white identity”.

Little has been done in the way of gun reform in the United States since a string of mass shootings began in 2017. The point that AOC was apparently trying to make is that those looking to pray can not even safely do so in a place of worship, so perhaps we should find another solution than simply ‘thoughts and prayers’.

https://hillreporter.com/fox-news-fi...massacre-27609

Ummmmm ... did I understand correctly that Fox was criticizing AOC for her assaholic denunciation of people's good wishes ("thoughts and prayers"). Sounds to me like Fox rightly criticized AOC for shoving her tee ... errrr ... nose where it should not have gone.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How dare anyone for any reason
    be critical (real or imagined) of the
    new head of the Democratic Party!!!!

Shockers!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

For the record, every prayer anywhere anytime for anything, is listened to. And weighed.

'Nuff said on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    [URL="https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211922458"]

While the attack didn’t occur in the United States, it just as easily could have, and the shooter admitted that he supported President Trump as “a symbol of renewed white identity”.
    And yet the guy is an avowed communist.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And yet the guy is an avowed communist.
    OMG an avowed conservative make NZ great again communist.
    I thought they had gun control?
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Here's what the Twat from NY said, with commentary:

Ocasio-Cortez: Hey, NRA, Why Didn’t Your Thoughts And Prayers Stop The New Zealand Mosque Massacre?

There are hot takes, and then there’s just plain ghoulishness. Even for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, this level of politicization and exploitation of a tragedy while it’s still unfolding has to set a new moral nadir, not to mention plumb the depths of idiocy.

As our friends in New Zealand tried responding to save the lives of dozens of Muslim worshipers in a Christchurch mosque, this is what was on Ocasio-Cortez’ mind (via Twitchy):

At 1st I thought of saying, “Imagine being told your house of faith isn’t safe anymore.”

But I couldn’t say “imagine.”

Because of Charleston.
    Pittsburgh.
    Sutherland Springs.

What good are your thoughts & prayers when they don’t even keep the pews safe?
    (“Thoughts and prayers” is reference to the NRA’s phrase used to deflect conversation away from policy change during tragedies. Not directed to PM Ardern, who I greatly admire.)
    Good Lord. Imagine being so cold-hearted as to not consider praying or wishing well for victims of a senseless massacre as it’s unfolding. And then imagine how it must feel to be someone who’s first instinct in that situation is to make fun of people praying, and then exploit the tragedy to attack your entirely uninvolved political enemies. That kind of soullessness is itself a tragedy.

Now add that to what had been a merely amusing ignorance on Ocasio-Cortez’ part until now. Needless to say, the NRA doesn’t have anything to do with New Zealand’s policies, let alone the self-described “eco-fascist” perp who committed this massacre. If Ocasio-Cortez wants to discuss policy in this tragedy, she should first acknowledge that New Zealand already has stricter gun-control policies than those in the US, although not as strict as in nearby Australia. ...
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I’m tired of listening to this stupid young woman who knows nothing. I don’t care about her opinion on anything. She’s a freaking idiot.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    It doesn't work! Dammit, I have pulled five nose hairs out!
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

AOC should be mindful of things. Someone might shoot up a Taco Bell.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22