Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Smollett Lawyer: Maybe He Thought His Attackers Were White Because The Nigerian Brothers Were Wearing Whiteface Under Their Ski Masks

Perfectly normal thing for criminals to do, altering their appearance with make-up Ö before donning masks that cover the make-up. ďRemember when Smollett agreed to testify against two innocent men before he learned they were the Nigerian brothers he hired to fake the attack?Ē notes James Hasson, commenting on the clip below. Yep, I do. Thatís how far he and his team are willing to go to cover his trail ó first potentially incriminating two innocent men, now apparently doubling down on accusing the Osundairo brothers on the theory that they might have been, uh, wearing whiteface.

I know some of you think all lawyers are lying garbage who belong at the bottom of the ocean. Having reviewed this clip, Iím here to say: You are correct.
    This article goes over a couple of Smollett-related topics. This lunatic claim opens a 55-gallon drum Smollett's lawyer should have avoided touching:

* Smollet claimed the "attackers" were white; the "attackers" were black, and if dressed appropriately for the weather, wearing face covering; Smollett lied;

* Smollet claimed the "attackers" made racist and anti-gay comments; the "attackers" were black and people who voices were known to Smollett (does anybody know whether they also have accents, being from Nigeria?);

* Smollet claimed the "attackers" wore MAGA hats; the "attackers" wore plain red hats.

Smollett is off the hook for this hoax - even if Kim Foxx goes to jail for it. But PR-wise, discussing and trying to tap-dance Smollett's lies is the LAST thing Smollett's attorney should do, other than under legal duress.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Smollett Lawyer: Maybe He Thought His Attackers Were White Because The Nigerian Brothers Were Wearing Whiteface Under Their Ski Masks

This article goes over a couple of Smollett-related topics. This lunatic claim opens a 55-gallon drum Smollett's lawyer should have avoided touching:

* Smollet claimed the "attackers" were white; the "attackers" were black, and if dressed appropriately for the weather, wearing face covering; Smollett lied;

* Smollet claimed the "attackers" made racist and anti-gay comments; the "attackers" were black and people who voices were known to Smollett (does anybody know whether they also have accents, being from Nigeria?);

* Smollet claimed the "attackers" wore MAGA hats; the "attackers" wore plain red hats.

Smollett is off the hook for this hoax - even if Kim Foxx goes to jail for it. But PR-wise, discussing and trying to tap-dance Smollett's lies is the LAST thing Smollett's attorney should do, other than under legal duress.

Kim Foxx isn't going to jail over anything. All she has to do is state that the numerous leaks to the media by CPD compromised the case against Smollet. As there were repeated leaks by sources claiming to be Chicago cops, she can cover all her bases. that way, and force the cops to either shut up or identify the source of the leaks.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    This whole thing has more twist and turns then liberals trying to explain Russian conspiracy.

Latest.

City of Chicago, by direction of Rahm E. has handed Smollet for a bill for $130,000 for the cost related to the police investigation.

Brilliant move here on part of the city.

Should Smollet pay the bill, he's by defacto admitting to the hoax and his guilt.

Should he refuse, then the city can take him to claims court and sue him for the $130k as non-payment of a bill. And in doing so, automatically unsealing the documents that were sealed from the AG as to the case.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ck-for-130000/

And the writing must be on the wall and has AG Foxx concerned this is spiraling out of her control. This morning she admitted she lied about recusing herself from the case.

https://www.leoaffairs.com/states-at...UAfihd3R3sIFXg

This from TMZ

This has now set up a courtroom showdown, and sources connected to the Mayor tell TMZ ... they will absolutely file a civil case to get the money. Under the law, the City can actually collect 3 times the actual amount owed as a penalty -- meaning around $390,000.

If Jussie fights it in court, his "attack" case will be fully litigated. A judge will have to decide if the attack was fake before deciding whether Jussie is required to pay. What's more, the judge would only have to rule that it's more likely than not -- 51/49 percent -- that Jussie faked the attack. That's a much lower standard of proof than a criminal case, which requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction.

If a judge rules the attack was fake, it gives the executives at "Empire" all the ammo they need to say he's fired, despite the fact the State's Attorney has dismissed the criminal case.

And for anyone interested, here is the letter from Chicago to Smollet. Making it clear, if he pays, he's admidting guilt. If he doesn't, then they are suing.

DEPARTMENT OF LAW
    CITY CHICAGO
    March 28, 2019

Jussie Smollett

c/o Riley Safer Holmes Cancila LLP
    70 W. Madison Street, Suite 2900
    Chicago, IL 60602

Re: Repayment of Investigation Costs for False Police Report
    Dear Mr. Smollett,

The City of Chicago and the Chicago Police Department take seriously those who make false
    statements to the police, thereby diverting resources from other investigations and undermining the criminal
    justice system. On January 29, 2019, you made a police report in which you falsely claimed that two men
    had attacked you while yelling racial and homophobic slurs. The Chicago Police Department conducted an
    extensive investigation into this report. Over two dozen detectives and police officers participated in the
    investigation, ultimately spending weeks investigating your false claims, including a substantial number of
    overtime hours. As part of this investigation, Chicago police reviewed video and physical evidence and
    conducted several interviews, expending resources that could have been used for other investigations.
    Ultimately, the Chicago police investigation revealed that you knowingly filed a false police report and had
    in fact orchestrated your own attack.

In an attempt to resolve this matter without further legal action, the City requires immediate payment
    of the $130,106.15 expended on overtime hours in the investigation of this matter. Please submit a money
    order or certified cashiers check payable to City of Chicago to the following address within seven (7) days
    of the date of this letter:

City of Chicago Department of Law
    Attn: Edward Siskel, Corporation Counsel
    121 N. LaSalle, Room 600
    Chicago, IL 60602

If the amount is not timely paid, the Department of Law may prosecute you for making a false
    statement to the City under section l-21-010 of the Municipal Code of Chicago or pursue any other legal
    remedy available at law. A violation of the false statement ordinance imposes a one of not less than $500.00
    and a maximum of $1,000.00, plus up to three (3) times the amount of damages the City sustains as a result
    of the violation. The City may also seek to recover court costs, collection costs, and attorney's fees. If you
    have any questions, please call me at (312) 744-0220.

Sincerely yours

Edward N. Siskel
    Corporation Counsel

121 NORTH LASALLE STREET, 600, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60602

You know, this looks very impressive to see the mayor taking such a stand, but, BUT, I'm extremely suspicious of any dimocrat when they take an apparently logical stand on ANYTHING.
    Now if he showed a pattern of behavior (logical, moral etc) over time I would consider him as evolving, but ---!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Don't follow Chicago politics as much as when I lived there or soon after, but still get a lot of info. For those who aren't aware, there is Mayoral race next week to replace the outgoing Rahmbo "Tiny Dancer" Emanuel. The final two candidates are both obviously Democrats, African American and female. But one more box is checked for the Social Justice Warrior category: one is a lesbian.

Both are firmly entrenched in Chicago politics. One has been suckling on the city/county trough for ages, Toni Preckwinkle. The lesbian candidate Lori Lightfoot is from the legal profession. If I lived there still, would have to choose Lightfoot. Only because that race pimp Bobby Rush endorsed Preckwinkle.

In any event, the mayoral race has added another aspect to the Jussie hoax case. Popcorn please...
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Don't follow Chicago politics as much as when I lived there or soon after, but still get a lot of info. For those who aren't aware, there is Mayoral race next week to replace the outgoing Rahmbo "Tiny Dancer" Emanuel. The final two candidates are both obviously Democrats, African American and female. But one more box is checked for the Social Justice Warrior category: one is a lesbian.

Both are firmly entrenched in Chicago politics. One has been suckling on the city/county trough for ages, Toni Preckwinkle. The lesbian candidate Lori Lightfoot is from the legal profession. If I lived there still, would have to choose Lightfoot. Only because that race pimp Bobby Rush endorsed Preckwinkle.

In any event, the mayoral race has added another aspect to the Jussie hoax case. Popcorn please...
    I knew the run-off is in a week, but for the life of me, I can't see any connection to help anyone by coming down hard on Smollett. If anything this case is a non-factor, unless they have taken a stance on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Kim Foxx isn't going to jail over anything. All she has to do is state that the numerous leaks to the media by CPD compromised the case against Smollet. As there were repeated leaks by sources claiming to be Chicago cops, she can cover all her bases. that way, and force the cops to either shut up or identify the source of the leaks.
    The leak of the police file didn't occur until after Smollett was freed. Leaks don't mean truth (see Trump witch-hunt.)

re files released

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-p...ically-dropped
    Last edited by Banacek; 03-29-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I knew the run-off is in a week, but for the life of me, I can't see any connection to help anyone by coming down hard on Smollett. If anything this case is a non-factor, unless they have taken a stance on the issue.
    Both of the candidates have their own black constituency they are trying to placate. And each has their own particular & different weight to toss around.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender