Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New Year's Eve Day Thread! 
    People are still picking up from the winds yesterday but today should be highly excellent for any winter sports activity. It's powder city in the high country!

TOTD: People tend to think of dumping old habits and acquiring new habits at the first of the year. Regardless of when you did it or why you did it, what has been a successful technique for you when you've changed a habit? A "habit" is defined as any fairly consistent behavior for this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    People are still picking up from the winds yesterday but today should be highly excellent for any winter sports activity. It's powder city in the high country!

TOTD: People tend to think of dumping old habits and acquiring new habits at the first of the year. Regardless of when you did it or why you did it, what has been a successful technique for you when you've changed a habit? A "habit" is defined as any fairly consistent behavior for this discussion.
    I saw your wind on the news.
    Did you go out and play "Marilyn Monroe" in it?

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I saw your wind on the news.
    Did you go out and play "Marilyn Monroe" in it?
    If I had, I would have come back in stark naked. I'm just surprised there wasn't more damage done. :D

BSR
    TOTD: I had to stop cussing when my son was born. That was hard. I use to cuss all the time. Anyway, I would wear a rubber band on my wrist and when I cussed my wife would pull the rubber band back and snap me with it. It fucking hurt... :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    TOTD: I had to stop cussing when my son was born. That was hard. I use to cuss all the time. Anyway, I would wear a rubber band on my wrist and when I cussed my wife would pull the rubber band back and snap me with it. It fucking hurt... :mad:
    Did it work, though? How long did it take?

I quit smoking 2 1/4 years ago. The technique I used was to just stop... and pray every 10 seconds or so for 3 days. It worked. I haven't smoked since Aug 18th, 2006

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Did it work, though? How long did it take?
    Since he specifically said, "It fucking hurt", I'm guessing it didn't work. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Since he specifically said, "It fucking hurt", I'm guessing it didn't work. :p
    LOL! He could always try my mother's preferred method : Ivory soap and public humiliation. Worked for me. :D

Power CUer
    Successful technique for me means positive reinforcement. When I'm tempted by high calorie food, or meaningless eating, I compare a pair of larger pants I have in my closet with what I'm wearing now.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Successful technique for me means positive reinforcement. When I'm tempted by high calorie food, or meaningless eating, I compare a pair of larger pants I have in my closet with what I'm wearing now.
    You even wear pants when eating? :D