Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New to the forum. 
    What's up guys! Excited to try out a conservative forum. The only person I really talk deep about politics with is my sister, it'll be nice to have a forum to discuss policy, ideas, values, or just personal self improvement.

I'm a 26 year old guy, living in Austin TX, raised in the southeast, have been closely following politics since Obamas second term. I feel every year I learn more and become more educated, but I know I still have a lot to learn.

I feel like following the values taught in conservativism have given me a more positive outlook in life, more confidence, a stronger purpose, etc.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself here before I began posting elsewhere. Looking forward to being here!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! Lots of friendly people here so enjoy yourself.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

A conservative minded person in Austin, Texas? I count two, so far. Myself and you. Welcome!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome to CU!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    A conservative minded person in Austin, Texas? I count two, so far. Myself and you. Welcome!
    I work slightly north out of Georgetown so I still get a breathe of fresh air on a frequent basis. Despite Austin's left slant I still love the place though!

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodburn View Post
    I work slightly north out of Georgetown so I still get a breathe of fresh air on a frequent basis. Despite Austin's left slant I still love the place though!

It can be some fun if you are able to find a place to park. I got all of that out of my system during the 1990’s. Do you follow local politics? The city council is clearly passing around the crack pipe.

It can be some fun if you are able to find a place to park. I got all of that out of my system during the 1990’s. Do you follow local politics? The city council is clearly passing around the crack pipe.
    Not as closely as I'd like. How do you keep up with the local news? I'm good at keeping up at a state level, but I could do better at following the city.

The only thing I know about Austin is Austin City Limits.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodburn View Post
    Not as closely as I'd like. How do you keep up with the local news? I'm good at keeping up at a state level, but I could do better at following the city.

https://www.newsradioklbj.com

I listen to KLBJ 590AM at almost all times of the day. The Austin American Statesman is pretty much birdcage liner, and the free Austin Chronicle is fun to pick up just to make fun of their ridiculous politics, or if you want to see movie listings and bands that are playing when and where.

Alex Jones and infowars are right across the street from where I work. I shall not give the location, but I do know exactly where the Central Texas Command Center is located. The best time to listen to Alex Jones is when he blows his freaking stack on the air. Oh, wait. That’s every single day. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The only thing I know about Austin is Austin City Limits.
    It is so far left, Karl Marx would blush. Homeless, failed musicians, failed artists, and I’m supposed to secure their failed lives? If your art sucks and doesn’t sell, then maybe you aren’t an artist and should find another line of work.