Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dad's 50th Birthday! 
    Today, in addition to being New Years is also a special day back home in Pennsylvania: My dad's Birthday! Hard to believe he's turning 50...1959 he was born. Too young for Vietnam, just in time to hit his teenage years for the kick ass muscle cars of the 70's (his first ride was a Boss 302 mustang, I've seen pictures and it was cherry).

I ended up getting him something he's been wanting for a while, this baby:

Thompson/Center Hawken .50 cal Flintlock. He has a muzzleloader already but it's an inline and he's always wanted a musket.

Happy New Years and Happy 50th pop! :D
    Last edited by marinejcksn; 01-01-2009 at 01:15 AM.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Today, in addition to being New Years is also a special day back home in Pennsylvania: My dad's Birthday! Hard to believe he's turning 50...1959 he was born. Too young for Vietnam, just in time to hit his teenage years for the kick ass muscle cars of the 70's (his first ride was a Boss 302 mustang, I've seen pictures and it was cherry).

Thompson/Center Hawken .50 cal Flintlock. He has a muzzleloader already but it's an inline and he's always wanted a musket.

I just turned the big 50 this November. Are you adoptable?:D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I just turned the big 50 this November. Are you adoptable?:D
    Doesn't higher rank = higher paycheck Sir? :p

It's the first time I bought one of my parents a gift this big. I wanted to go in on a Liberty Gun Safe, one of those real nice fire-proof models? It was gonna be 1600 and I had hoped my sister would go in for half, but with her recent divorce she couldn't really afford it. So I spent some of my saved up Iraq money on the musket instead. Slightly less pricey, the dealer my Uncle helped get it through charged us a little under 700 so it wasn't too bad. Wish I could see the look on his face when he opens this!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Doesn't higher rank = higher paycheck Sir? :p

It's the first time I bought one of my parents a gift this big. I wanted to go in on a Liberty Gun Safe, one of those real nice fire-proof models? It was gonna be 1600 and I had hoped my sister would go in for half, but with her recent divorce she couldn't really afford it. So I spent some of my saved up Iraq money on the musket instead. Slightly less pricey, the dealer my Uncle helped get it through charged us a little under 700 so it wasn't too bad. Wish I could see the look on his face when he opens this!
    Higher rank equals higher priced toys. I pick up the 09 Ultra Classic this March. Let me know if I can assist with that Warrant packet.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Congrats on your dad's B-Day MJ and that thar is a mighty fine shootin iron. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Congrats on your dad's B-Day MJ and that thar is a mighty fine shootin iron. :D
    Firestick? :D
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Pop's are something special; I am sure he will be thrilled with his new gun. Hope the next few weeks go by fast so that you can be home with your family.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Happy birthday to you Dad MJ. And many more.

Nice gift by the way. I know he'll like it.

I turned 50 this year so your Dad and I went to different schools together. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

You will never regret buying anything nice for your dad. I hope he has a great birthday, and by the looks of this gift, I know he will.

You did good. :)

I turned 50 last Oct. and you didn't get me a .50 cal . what up wit dat?
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall