Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Happy New Year. Didn't have a good start to the New Year. I'm obviously not a drinker. I had half of a glass of champagne at midnight last night (and it was a small glass) and felt sick. This morning I was sick. I don't know if it was from a mixture of foods yesterday, the guy in the next cubicle at work who kept saying he had been sick for the last 4 days, but needed to come to work or that darned half glass of champagne.

I'm missing all the sales. My sis called from the mall and asked which little present I wanted to get for the new grandbaby (baby's first Christmas ornament, Christmas 08). She's a keeper of a sister. :D

Back in the day my New years hangover prevention/cure was to quit drinking on about January 3rd or 4th.:p
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-01-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Happy New Year. Didn't have a good start to the New Year. I'm obviously not a drinker. I had half of a glass of champagne at midnight last night (and it was a small glass) and felt sick. This morning I was sick. I don't know if it was from a mixture of foods yesterday, the guy in the next cubicle at work who kept saying he had been sick for the last 4 days, but needed to come to work or that darned half glass of champagne.

I'm missing all the sales. My sis called from the mall and asked which little present I wanted to get for the new grandbaby (baby's first Christmas ornament, Christmas 08). She's a keeper of a sister. :D
    I hope you start feeling better.

I passed on the free champagne at a couple places I was at...one sip seems to upset my stomache and gives me a headache.

Get well!

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Island Prarie!

You take an egg, crack it and put the contents in a small whiskey glass, then put a bit of salt on it, and down it in one!
    yeah okay and then when you are retching into the toilet bowl, that little fuzzy feeling at the back of your throat after the four hundredth dry heave?? thats your asshole....
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Happy New Year, folks. Hope y'alls had a good'un.

TOTD: Sleeping it off has always been the best way for me. A couple of break days for a really, really heavy session. The older I get the more time I need. That's just the way it is with old farts, I guess.

But now, for some time, I have a long-term policy of not waking up on Jan 1 with a hang-over, having had a couple of distant years where I couldn't remember how I even got home. Plus, it's no more booze for me until April 1, 2009.

I had a few last night, but nothing excessive. Got up at about mid-day, and drove the car to LHR to get it cleaned in- and out- by the Ukranian car cleaning crew on the A4 near the Terminal 1/2/3 turnout. Then drove my shiny "new" (it really needed cleaning, salt all over it) 911 at a reasonable pace, there being little traffic, to my friends' place and had a few soft drinks and pizza with them.

A good, easy start to the new year. It was a very good day. Hope the rest of the year is as good.

Hope everyone has a greyt 2009.
    Last edited by hampshirebrit; 01-01-2009 at 06:55 PM.