Thread: Caylee Anthony's Grandparents Seek Immunity

1. #1 Caylee Anthony's Grandparents Seek Immunity 
    BSR
    As investigators in Florida seek answers in the Caylee Anthony murder case, the grandparents of the girl are asking for immunity when questioned, the Orlando Sentinel reported Wednesday.

A lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony reportedly asked that the couple be protected when questioned by prosecutors regarding the case, the Sentinel reported. At this point, no deal has been set.

Caylee Anthony, who would have turned 3 in August, was reported missing on July 15, about a month after the girl was last seen. Her whereabouts were a mystery until skeletal remains were found by a meter reader earlier this month about half a mile from George and Cindy Anthony’s home.

Caylee’s mother, Casey Anthony, remains jailed on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about the disappearance of her daughter. Her trial is set to begin in March.

Cindy and George Anthony have said they plan a private memorial and funeral for their granddaughter and have no plans to visit their daughter in an Orange County jail. Investigators told the Sentinel that further questioning of the Anthonys would wait until after the funeral.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,474746,00.html

I knew they had some kind of involvement in this. I'm not saying they helped kill her or dispose of her, but I knew they were hiding something from the police.

I say no immunity for them. The State's Attorney should be able to make the case without them and then charge them for obstruction and anything else they can come up with. If they would have done the right thing in June the drama could have been avoided. They seem to like the attention if you ask me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Usually when someone wants immunity, they know that they are up to their neck in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Usually when someone wants immunity, they know that they are up to their neck in it.
    I dunno man. The way this country is going I don't blame anyone thats remotely associated to a crime for lawyering up or even seeking immunity. Especially if a prosecutor is on a fishing trip. Especially once a crime becomes high profile like this one, someone is going down for something even if the prosecutor has to fabricate a violation and toss it around to see who & what & if it will stick.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I can't exactly blame them for trying to protect their nut job daughter.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.