1. #1 A trip of a lifetime 
    Skirmantas Strimaitis, who was flying from the capital Vilnius to the northern Italian city of Bergamo for a skiing holiday March 16, had the whole plane which can usually seat up to 188 people to himself. The only others onboard were two pilots and five crew members.

Charter that was canceled but the plane had to go anyway. The airline offered cheap one way fare and had one taker.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Skirmantas Strimaitis, who was flying from the capital Vilnius to the northern Italian city of Bergamo for a skiing holiday March 16, had the whole plane which can usually seat up to 188 people to himself. The only others onboard were two pilots and five crew members.

Charter that was canceled but the plane had to go anyway. The airline offered cheap one way fare and had one taker.
    I flew on a Boeing 737 once and I was one of 2 passengers. The plane had been delayed and everybody else boarded other planes. By the time my plane arrived everyone was gone but me and this other guy. It was a short flight to Atlanta but it was great having the plane basically all to myself.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Never heard of this happening before. He probably felt super-unique and it's something he'll never forget.

I can't think of anything to compare it to. -Was at Mt. Rushmore visitor-center first thing in the morning and it was deserted, with the Presidents looking-on. People slowly filtered-in after a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I flew on a Boeing 737 once and I was one of 2 passengers. The plane had been delayed and everybody else boarded other planes. By the time my plane arrived everyone was gone but me and this other guy. It was a short flight to Atlanta but it was great having the plane basically all to myself.
    Did you get an upgrade?

Banned
    I had a whole row to myself in a mostly empty 747 flying back to the USA from Thailand on 9/14/01. Laying down on a row of seats is not all that comfortable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Did you get an upgrade?
    They told me to sit anywhere I wanted so I set in first class. Didn't get first class treatment but the seat was nice.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They told me to sit anywhere I wanted so I set in first class. Didn't get first class treatment but the seat was nice.
    You should have at least gotten the first class meal.

I was in two helicopter crashes ( late 1960s ). I have flown since; but it takes me time to psych up. Usually a skin full of Jack Daniels & help getting on board the plane. Been around the world many times, but still a few places I would like to see. Actually more than a few. Jerusalem, Puma Punku, and maybe another 7 or 8 places. All about finding the money. If I could afford it, I would probably spend most of what's left of my life, traveling, while health & time permits. The FIL had a Cessna Centurion. I felt safe flying with him.
    Last edited by Jimsouth; 04-15-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp