Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Thursday - New Year 
    Happy New Year every one! The first day of the year starts off kind of chilly at 53 degrees but it should get in to the 70s before the day is over. I clear and no rain expected. A good day for football and as luck would have it; the Gator Bowl is being played downtown today. It's Clemson vs. Nebraska and should be a good one.

TOTD: Since today is the first day of the year and last night being what it was, I was wondering what hangover remedies you use to get through the morning? The only thing that I found effective from my drinking days was to sleep it off but then again I generally consumed quite heavily. What do you use and how well does it work? I've heard of some strange things that I never dared to try but of the ways suggested to me that I did try, nothing ever seemed to work as well as good ole sleep.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    I don't think I've had a hangover since college. Knowing when to quit is the best remedy (prevention). Happy New Year!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Coolish this am, overcast and it's supposed to get around 60 today.

During my heavy drinking days, tylenol 3's worked great for me. It's been around 30 years since I quit; don't miss the party life and those hangovers.

Happy New Year everyone.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Little bug said this morning all she wanted to do was "be with you mama" so we have a bread pudding baking in the oven and she's watching a movie about fire trucks as the house begins to smell like a heavenly mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar...... :D
    TOTD: Last hangover I had was long before the bug came along, and was result of cranberry Vodka shots :eek: I recall Freeper feeding me redbull and gatorade. Not sure it helped, but I survived.
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    Little bug said this morning all she wanted to do was "be with you mama" so we have a bread pudding baking in the oven and she's watching a movie about fire trucks as the house begins to smell like a heavenly mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.....
    TOTD: Last hangover I had was long before the bug came along, and was result of cranberry Vodka shots :eek: I recall Freeper feeding me redbull and gatorade. Not sure it helped, but I survived.
    Freeper sounds like a keeper! :D

I did visit a friend or two last night and had one or two visit me, but in five hours, I only had one drink. One place was really packed and there was lots of smoke....really started to give me a headache and made my eyes water...so if anything I have a second hand smoke hangover! Darn smokers. :mad::p

I behaved myself and only took advantage of one person's holiday vulnerability while others continued to text me into the wee hours...

Happy Nude Year!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    TOTD: Hair of the Dog that bit ya if it's a non-work day.

Workday, coffee with cream and take three Excedrin and eat yogurt for breakfast. Vanilla milkshake for lunch. Eat like a horse for dinner.

Been a long time since I've had a hangover. I am moderate in my speech and habits....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Drink a quart of water and take a multivitamin and two asprins before bed and drink a quart of water and take the same when waking up.

A ton of tomato juice the next morning is helpful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    TOTD: Hair of the Dog that bit ya if it's a non-work day.

Workday, coffee with cream and take three Excedrin and eat yogurt for breakfast. Vanilla milkshake for lunch. Eat like a horse for dinner.

Been a long time since I've had a hangover. I am moderate in my speech and habits....
    Years ago, would often go into work with not much sleep and still half loaded...Excedrin did help...a vanilla milkshake always helps...not just for hangovers, but for general well being. :D

If I drink just one or two "ice" beers...I will have a bad headache the next morning...I mean really bad...for instance at a cookout or friends, and they offer you a beer type situation....and it's Icehouse, or some other type of Iced beer...not sure why, but it ALWAYS hurts my head....

Happy New Years all!!!
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall

Island Prarie!

You take an egg, crack it and put the contents in a small whiskey glass, then put a bit of salt on it, and down it in one!