Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Oh man. E St. Louis. Shit hits the fan, take the high ground. Zombies coming up the slopes of this will be at a definite disadvantage. Room up there to pitch tents and stuff too.

What is that bump on the ground :p

Banned
    Oh man. E St. Louis. Shit hits the fan, take the high ground. Zombies coming up the slopes of this will be at a definite disadvantage. Room up there to pitch tents and stuff too.

I like this place. Seperate levels of high ground. You could set up Claymores with interlocking kill zones, dig some strategic trenches. You could easily funnel the Zombies (or Liberal moochers) into concentrated points where you could perpetrate merciless amounts of carnage on them.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    What is that bump on the ground :p
    The mound at Cahokia. It was downtown St. Louis at about 1100 AD. I'm pretty sure it's the only high ground in the neighborhood.

You don't have a Zombie Plan, do you?
    Last edited by Bubba Dawg; 01-02-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I like this place. Seperate levels of high ground. You could set up Claymores with interlocking kill zones, dig some strategic trenches. You could easily funnel the Zombies (or Liberal moochers) into concentrated points where you could perpetrate merciless amounts of carnage on them.
    Sandbags. Barbed wire. A hooch with a still. Some pillows. It would be home.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    My original Zombie Plan was designed while living in North West Michigan. Pretty rural up there, figured I would have time before the shit hit the fan. I now live outside of St. Louis (on the East St. Louis side of the river). Definitely needs some revisement, though I'm on a military base now, so thats definitely an upside.
    East St Luis is already infested with all of the zombies in the area.

The mound at Cahokia. It was downtown St. Louis at about 1100 AD. I'm pretty sure it's the only high ground in the neighborhood.

You don't have a Zombie Plan, do you?
    Yes I do. I head to my Uncle's house because he has guns and is close, then we head up into the hills :p We have real high ground here :p

Quote Originally Posted by signalsgt View Post
    Don't worry, it won't erupt until Dec 21st, 2012.

I think. :p

:D
    I don't know. This could be the start of the tribulation and the blast could rapture a bunch of people up to the heavens. 12/21/2012 could just be the end.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

My Zombie plans are to pack up all the ammo and guns and held to the mall.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't know. This could be the start of the tribulation and the blast could rapture a bunch of people up to the heavens. 12/21/2012 could just be the end.
    Hey old fellah you said that you don't believe in the rapture ?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Deep beneath Yellowstone National Park lies a vast super-volcano which, if it blew up, could devastate much of the US. Recently, it's been a bit too restless for comfort.
    snip

In the study, Accelerated Uplift and Magmatic Intrusion of the Yellowstone Caldera, 2004 to 2006, the authors note that while most of the magma remains about 400 miles below the surface, a significant plume rises to about 30 miles deep, where it spreads out horizontally like a pancake that is larger than Los Angeles. It seems likely that the pancake is expanding and causing the floor of the caldera suddenly to rise.

"Our best evidence is that the crustal magma chamber is filling with molten rock," Professor Smith explained. "But we have no idea how long this process goes on before there either is an eruption or the inflow of molten rock stops and the caldera deflates again." In other words, something is afoot, but no techniques exist to forecast what comes next. The prediction is easier for single-channel, cone volcanoes. At a caldera such as Yellowstone, the magma could suddenly blow through at any number of locations. "We use the term 'restless' to describe these systems," Professor Smith said.

And what if the ground at Yellowstone does not start to go down? Well, these calderas, he admits, "occasionally they burp". Let's hope the park's belly-ache resolves itself – such a "burp" would shake half of the planet.
    http://www.earthmountainview.com/yel...stone-news.htm