Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Man-made climate change is a con 
    Is the bottom falling out of Al Gore's pet fantasy?

Environment minister Sammy Wilson: I still think man-made climate change is a con

Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Spending billions on trying to reduce carbon emissions is one giant con that is depriving third world countries of vital funds to tackle famine, HIV and other diseases, Sammy Wilson said.

The DUP minister has been heavily criticised by environmentalists for claiming that ongoing climatic shifts are down to nature and not mankind.

But while acknowledging his views on global warming may not be popular, the East Antrim MP said he was not prepared to be bullied by eco fundamentalists.

“I’ll not be stopped saying what I believe needs to be said about climate change,” he said.

"Most of the people who shout about climate change have not read one article about it

“I think in 20 years’ time we will look back at this whole climate change debate and ask ourselves how on earth were we ever conned into spending the billions of pounds which are going into this without any kind of rigorous examination of the background, the science, the implications of it all. Because there is now a degree of hysteria about it, fairly unformed hysteria I’ve got to say as well.

“I mean I get it in the Assembly all the time and most of the people who shout about climate change have not read one article about climate change, not read one book about climate change, if you asked them to explain how they believe there’s a connection between CO2 emission and the effects which they claim there’s going to be, if you ask them to explain the thought process or the modelling that is required and the assumptions behind that and how tenuous all the connections are, they wouldn’t have a clue.
    Read the rest here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Is the bottom falling out of Al Gore's pet fantasy?

Read the rest here
    we can only hope. This green BS will kill our economy.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    we can only hope. This green BS will kill our economy.
    I agree 100% with you, My thought is that the greenies and the liberal idiots that follow & actually believe in this 'climate change' crap are deluding themselves into believing that the green movement will actually create jobs for them ( think 'play work' )

non productive jobs, as well as non productive people, will eventually crush our economy, while appearing to keep unemployment down...

imagine everybody wanting to have a job telling people how to farm, or the most pain free way to slaughter animals, and nobody wants to actually farm, or slaughter animals... we would get pretty hungry.
    Separated, I cut myself clean
    From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams
    Been apprehended by a spiritual force
    And a grace that replaced all the me Ive divorced ~ Jesus Freak - DC Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I agree 100% with you, My thought is that the greenies and the liberal idiots that follow & actually believe in this 'climate change' crap are deluding themselves into believing that the green movement will actually create jobs for them ( think 'play work' )

non productive jobs, as well as non productive people, will eventually crush our economy, while appearing to keep unemployment down...

imagine everybody wanting to have a job telling people how to farm, or the most pain free way to slaughter animals, and nobody wants to actually farm, or slaughter animals... we would get pretty hungry.
    Lefties do not understand the concept of productive work. They are after all parasites.

Banned
    Compelling as that is....... I think I'll stick with the advice of climatologists, not economists and politicians...

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Compelling as that is....... I think I'll stick with the advice of climatologists, not economists and politicians...
    So you're going to renounce man made climate change then?

Last edited by AmPat; 01-01-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    And I will stick to the thousands of scientists who say that global warming is a myth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    And I will stick to the thousands of scientists who say that global warming is a myth.
    See, you're doing it wrong. You listen to the advice of the scientists and THEN form an opinion yourself.... you're not supposed to only listen to the scientists that validate a pre-made opinion that suits your political agenda. No wonder you're confused.... glad we cleared that up. :D
    Last edited by wilbur; 01-01-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Banned
    See, you're doing it wrong. You listen to the advice of the scientists and THEN form an opinion yourself.... you're not supposed to only listen to the scientists that validate a pre-made opinion that suits your political agenda. No wonder you're confused.... glad we cleared that up. :D
    You listen to Al Gore and his tree humphing loonies I presume. No wonder you are confused. A deduction based on faulty logic, faulty evidence and faulty common sense. Consequently, my politics have nothing to do with my opinion. Many liberal scientists state that global warming is bs. See, you learned something today!