Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I agree 100% with you, My thought is that the greenies and the liberal idiots that follow & actually believe in this 'climate change' crap are deluding themselves into believing that the green movement will actually create jobs for them ( think 'play work' )

non productive jobs, as well as non productive people, will eventually crush our economy, while appearing to keep unemployment down...

imagine everybody wanting to have a job telling people how to farm, or the most pain free way to slaughter animals, and nobody wants to actually farm, or slaughter animals... we would get pretty hungry.

They need to familiarize themselves with Bastiat's parable of the broken window.

http://bastiat.org/en/twisatwins.html#broken_window

It is not a perfect example but the common idea of best use is very relevant.

The same principle can be applied for any government induced "investment"
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 01-02-2009 at 06:44 AM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Compelling as that is....... I think I'll stick with the advice of climatologists, not economists and politicians...
    Fortunately for me I did listen to the climatologists back in 2000 and 2001 and before, when they said that there was no credible evidence for man-made global warming but all the non-climatologists (geologists, biologists, meteorologists, physicists, astronomers, economists, sociologists and anthropologists) weighted in with their various pro opinions of the latest disaster du jour. If you do a little historical research on this you will see that most of the climatologists were against the idea of man-made global warming but later many of them did what often happens when they seem to have an opinion at odds with group think. They joined the group.

Before you shoot down this idea, look up some of the experiments done on group-think. One of the most interesting is that a person is placed among a group of 4 or 5 other people. Questions are asked and all but the subject give the wrong answer. After a couple of rounds of this, the subject starts to agree with those giving the wrong answer even though he knows the answer is wrong. The attraction of the group is a powerful thing. This happens with something like 78 percent of the subjects.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 01-02-2009 at 08:04 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I don't know how much more global warming I can take.

I am freezing my ass off here!

:D