• Yes, it's sacreligious - take it back

3 25.00%
  • No, not sacreligious - keep it

5 41.67%
  • Joooooos

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    As an Orthodox Christian, I think we could have a pretty interesting discussion on our and our churches' views on saintliness :) I'm a convert, from Presbyterianism, and that was one of the factors that my mom needed a lot of discussion on.
    Paul referred to all believers as Saints and that make sense to me, St. Celtic.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Saint FlaGator, The Orthodox church agrees with that, and so do I. However, it also names specific people who led truly Christian lives whom we can attempt to emulate. Sort of as a way of showing us on a daily basis that yes, the narrow path is difficult, but it truly can be followed by us if we rely on God. They are an example of practical holiness.They are the Saints who have finished the earthly race, and are therefore, as far as we can tell, most like now praising God in heaven rather than on Earth. :)

BSR
    I don't see it as sacrilegious. It's in the same group as those "Jesus is my Homeboy" T-shirts. It's trendy. In fact I've seen kids at church wearing things like this.

If you are a believing Christian (not a cultural Christian) who has regard or affection for how the Virgin is depicted, then it's tasteless and inappropriate. If you are a believing Christian who has no particular regard for a woman you regard as merely biological incubator, then it's still tasteless.

If you are wholly secular and would have no trouble wearing a teeshirt depicting Mohammad or Buddha or whomever in a comical context, then some people will see as funny and others will see it denigrating. Since Christians don't usually beat people senseless for this kind of thing, you're pretty safe.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Saint Bubba. It has a nice ring to it. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Saint Bubba. It has a nice ring to it. :D
    Just be glad your name isn't Bernard.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Paul used "Saints" as an address to all in the Church.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand