Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Guatemalan Child in USBP Custody Found to Have Measles 
    A Guatemalan national in the custody of Yuma Sector Border Patrol was determined to have measles Wednesday evening.

The 8-year-old child and her father were part of a group of 39 subjects who illegally crossed the Colorado River together at County 9th Street near Yuma.

The group surrendered to Border Patrol agents who determined them to be illegal aliens from Guatemala and Honduras. They were transported to the Yuma Station for processing and medical screenings where the 8-year-old was the only one determined to have measles.

The child and her father were quarantined from the other detainees, and the Yuma County Health Department was notified per protocol.
    https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...d-have-measles

Would one of the mods move this to general discussions, please
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Who'da thunk. Decades of progress in wiping out 3rd world diseases and they are coming back courtesy of the democrat party.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Banned
    I think that Americans refusing to vaccinate are a much larger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
    I think that Americans refusing to vaccinate are a much larger problem.
    That’s the equivalent of me taking a shit on your carpet and blaming the carpet for being there to shit on.

Banned
    Wrong. These diseases are spreading in the US because people are allowed to walk around infecting others. The very few who cross the border with measles are insignificant compared to the thousands who refuse to be vaccinated.

Wrong. These diseases are spreading in the US because people are allowed to walk around infecting others. The very few who cross the border with measles are insignificant compared to the thousands who refuse to be vaccinated.
    But if you’ve been vaccinated, then no worries, right?

Banned
    Read up on herd immunity. No vaccine is 100% perfect. I don't care to test the effectiveness of my vaccines by needlessly exposing myself to an asshat who refuses to be vaccinated.

The more people who get the vaccine and are immune to communicable diseases, the less chance there is that it will spread among those who are not able to receive the vaccines. These would include immune system compromised people, and some others. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/should-not-vacc.html

It even includes those misguided people who think vaccines are the cause of autism and would rather see their children die instead of being protected from the complications of measles and other diseases.

Thousands of Americans who can be safely vaccinated choose not to. The CDC requires that all immigrants be vaccinated. The immigrants that make it into the country unvaccinated are a drop in the bucket compared to those Americans who could get the shots, but choose to risk spreading the disease instead.

Even some of the alleged "shitholes" in Central America have fairly high vaccination rates. I think the biggest threat by unvaccinated persons comes from within; from our own natural born Americans.

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-ca...cination-rates

Yes. Of course vaccinations reduce the risk. And, yes. preventing illegal entry into this country reduces risk.
    As you point out;
    The CDC requires that all immigrants be vaccinated.
    This matters only to those who enter legally.
    A serious effort of prevention doesn't ignore the source. What is the bigger or lesser threat may prioritize the approach. But, controlling our border plays heavily into the mix.

Even some of the alleged "shitholes" in Central America have fairly high vaccination rates.
    So? What about the rest of the planet that can gain easy access through our weak borders? How many current illegals are properly vaccinated now? You don't know. Nobody knows. How could anyone possibly know when our borders aren't effective?

Read up on herd immunity. No vaccine is 100% perfect. I don't care to test the effectiveness of my vaccines by needlessly exposing myself to an asshat who refuses to be vaccinated.

The more people who get the vaccine and are immune to communicable diseases, the less chance there is that it will spread among those who are not able to receive the vaccines. These would include immune system compromised people, and some others. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/should-not-vacc.html

It even includes those misguided people who think vaccines are the cause of autism and would rather see their children die instead of being protected from the complications of measles and other diseases.

Thousands of Americans who can be safely vaccinated choose not to. The CDC requires that all immigrants be vaccinated. The immigrants that make it into the country unvaccinated are a drop in the bucket compared to those Americans who could get the shots, but choose to risk spreading the disease instead.

Even some of the alleged "shitholes" in Central America have fairly high vaccination rates. I think the biggest threat by unvaccinated persons comes from within; from our own natural born Americans.

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-ca...cination-rates
    I had all of my vaccines in 1969 or 1970. Don’t forget those booster shots. Everyone knows mercury and squaline are good for you. A wall sounds good to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    ....Don’t forget those booster shots. Everyone knows mercury and squaline are good for you.
    Your claims sound like the same sort used by those who feel their right to send their unvaccinated and possibly infected child into a crowded school to spread disease supersedes the rights of others to be healthy and avoid illness and death. Or did I misinterpret your bit about mercury being "good for you"?

The ethylmercury in thimerosal is there as a preservative when multi-dose vials of vaccines are used. Multi-dose vials are cheaper and more accessible to developed countries and those who have to pay for their vaccines. Of course putting thimerosal into a vaccine can cause more complications, such as allergies. The ethylmercury in a vaccine is a tiny amount; the body eliminates it quicker than other forms of mercury.

Why do you have a problem with squaline?

A wall sounds good to me.
    Me too. I'd rather not have one made of money that people can simply walk around, through or under/over though.
    Last edited by Ranb; 04-20-2019 at 02:16 PM.