1. #1 Pete Butthead Serious about Carbon Tax to Fight Climate Change 
    Mayor Pete Buttigieg wants the country to take climate change seriously, proposing a nationwide carbon tax to help reduce emissions.

“We’re going to have to have a carbon tax,” he told voters in Des Moines, Iowa on Tuesday.

He estimated that the federal government would have to spend as much as $10 billion to help develop solutions for climate change but said that the spending was worth it to prepare for a “multi-trillion dollar emergency.”

Buttigieg acknowledged that taxes were not popular but proposed to offer immediate rebates to consumers to ease the burden.

One idea he proposed was a taxpayer-funded “kit” to help make homes energy neutral.

“Imagine if a household in Iowa got a kit or a voucher from Uncle Sam, to help make you personally use, specifically your home, net zero emissions,” he said.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...limate-change/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

2. #2 Pete Butthead Serious about Carbon Tax to Fight Climate Change 
    Another politician pandering to the climate change religion. Only a naive and intellectually deficient person would fall for this scam.

Climate computer modeling is not science. These do not follow the scientific method. Adjusting input variables every which way is not science. Variables should be predicated on field observations. Climate modeling has not been able to produce field results observations.

Carbon taxes are a loser proposal. Take a look at what Washington State voters said about that, as well as, Alberta, Ontario and New Brunswick in Canada. Big losers. Pete B. is a loser and should realize pandering is not good politics IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I called them the carbon-barons back when.

Who sets the price of carbon?

Who set the price of lumber in 1805?

It's the same setup.

We'd create a new elite class of whiners taking revenge on working-people.

This is just a rehash of al gore's carbon credit scam. These ass holes forget that china, india and africa are giant polluters and making us do all this expensive stuff is a waste. not to mention the whole thing is a scam.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

This is just a nice little fantasy that the liberal/climate liars have. Fight a "war" against something that doesn't exist then claim victory when nothing happens.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

You might hate me for this,but i think there is climate change. I been noticing really weird weather that was never around back in the 80's or so. Like the east coast getting more snow then it used to and where i live seeming to get more storms and such
    Last edited by hai; 04-27-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    You might hate me for this,but i think there is climate change. I been noticing really weird weather that was never around back in the 80's or so. Like the east coast getting more snow then it used to and where i live seeming to get more storms and such
    That climate changes is really not in question. It’s been doing so for over two Billion years that we have a record of.
    http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm
    That humanity has anything to do with it is egotism of the first order.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Of course there is climate change. That is what the climate does, it changes. The question is the root cause of the current changes. The believers feel that man is the cause so, among other things, it gives them the false impression that it can be fixed/reversed. There there are those who know mankind isn't a fault so they are using this "global emergency" as a major power grab and a way to spread their globalist agenda.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

He must REALLY not be taking his proposed presidential campaign very seriously.
    All he has to do is openly propose that this is one of the policies that he'll implement if elected, and his campaign will go POOF overnight.

East Coast weather getting worse ?

1) The Great Snow” (1717)

The New Yorker, Harvard historian Jill Lepore notes that it caused 16-foot drifts in Connecticut, buried 1,100 sheep on Long Island, and forced some New Hampshire homeowners to exit via second-story windows (it also inspired some Bostonians to get around on stilts). The lack of modern snow-removal methods meant that much of the roads in the Northeast were left impassable for nearly two weeks. In the meantime, locals dug tunnels that allowed them to at least get from house to house, or to the town square.
    2) Blizzard of 1888

The granddaddy of New England’s worst snowstorms was a nor’easter that punished the whole of the seaboard from New England to the Chesapeake Bay for two days in March. The toll it took is staggering: More than 400 people died, including more than 100 at sea (with winds reaching 85 mph, some 200 ships were lost in the storm). Connecticut and Massachusetts got the brunt of the snowfall, with around 50 inches, while New York City, with its crowded tenements, saw the highest number of deaths

3) Blizzard of ’78

The timing (February 6-7) could not have been worse on all counts. It came on the heels of a January blizzard that had already dropped as much as 21 inches of snow. It developed during a new moon, resulting in unusually large high tides that would wreak havoc on coastal communities. Finally, its snowfall began piling up in earnest in the afternoon, stranding many people between work or school and home (the photos of 3,500 cars and trucks stuck on Route 128 outside Boston that day are unforgettable). Add to that winds that gusted to nearly 100 mph and a load of snow that topped 40 inches in the hardest-hit areas, and the blizzard’s path to infamy was set. Some 54 New Englanders died in the storm, which also destroyed historical landmarks including the Outermost House on Cape Cod and Motif #1 in Rockport (the latter has since been rebuilt).

Full article https://newengland.com/today/living/...gland-history/

4) The Great Hurricane of 1938

Storm surges and heavy rainfall caused massive flooding throughout the region, in particular Massachusetts and Connecticut, while the Blue Hill Observatory near Boston measured sustained winds of 121 mph, with gusts of 183 mph

About 10 miles from where I live now

5) Hurricanes Carol and Edna (1954)

Carol touched down as a Category 3 on August 31, 1954. With 100 mph winds, sometimes gusting up to 135 mph
    Hurricane Edna made landfall in Maine and went on to cause another 2 deaths and $40 million in damage, earning its own spot on the retired name list.

6) Hurricanes Connie and Diane (1955)

Hurricane Connie formed on August 3, 1955 starting as a tropical storm. It hit North Carolina on August 13, 1955 as a Category 2 hurricane. Bands of heavy rain and wind reached southern New England and damages totaled nearly $86 million. Days later, Category 2 Diane made landfall, causing significant flooding and damage throughout southern New England. Diane still holds the record for wettest hurricane to hit Massachusetts, with rain accumulation reaching 19.75 inches
    The town where I live now after the hurricane

https://youtu.be/tGflHPD2G-w
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys