Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomnut View Post
    Precisely why I believe ANY law passed should have, say, a 5 year sunset provision. It would have to be reviewed and re-instated/modified then, or it dies a natural death!
    I like that idea a lot. Our representatives might even have to put in a 40 hour week.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

"Humans are not the enemies of life. Humans are the vanguard of life. Life to Mars and Mars to life!" Robert Zubrin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Power CUer
    Precisely why I believe ANY law passed should have, say, a 5 year sunset provision. It would have to be reviewed and re-instated/modified then, or it dies a natural death!
    There's an idea!

On the surface, yes, an good idea. However, things like the Patriot Act, and even many of the national emergencies that were no big deal until Trump wanted one appear to be getting rubber stamped back in every time their expiration date comes up. Also, I'd bet the farm that before the ink is dry on this procedure, some proggie would introduce a bill to review and re-instate/modify several Bill of Rights amendments, particularly the 1st and 2nd.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Power CUer
    Trump Admin Considers Using Far Left Tech Giants to Rate Americans and Help Determine Who Gets to Own a Gun
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-to-own-a-gun/

This is INCOMPREHENSIBLE!
    The Trump administration is considering using far left tech giants to rate Americans for gun ownership.

Because the far left tech giants can be trusted.

These are the same corrupt and inherently dishonest outlets that censor and eliminate conservative voices and publications on a daily basis.
    They even built in censorship of conservatives in their algorithms.

This new agency would determine who gets to own a gun in America.

The Daily Caller reported:

The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.

This is truly amazing. Not one of these tech companies are supporters of President Trump or the Second Amendment.

Banned
    This is truly amazing. Not one of these tech companies are supporters of President Trump or the Second Amendment.
    Not amazing when you understand that Trump acts like the 2nd amendment is for chumps.

The White House declined to provide the Daily Caller News Foundation with a statement but sources told WaPo that Trump has reacted “very positively” to the proposal — it is unclear if he has seen the Safe Home idea.
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/t...ol-background/

I conclude that this report is total Bullshit. Anonymous sources! Where have we heard that before. It would break the bond with tens of millions of the President's supporters (including me). I would be prepared to vote for Bernie Sanders if he were to go back to his old pro-gun positions.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

"Humans are not the enemies of life. Humans are the vanguard of life. Life to Mars and Mars to life!" Robert Zubrin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/t...ol-background/

I conclude that this report is total Bullshit. Anonymous sources! Where have we heard that before. ....
    But ... but ... but .......... SarcasmTrump works hand-in-glove with Google and FB and etc. all the time! /Sarcasm

IMO, calling this annoymorously sourced "report" "Bullshit" is an insult to a noble garden fertilizer!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

It could be Trump is throwing some "chum" in the water.

He gets a look at the looney leftists and maybe some that are not so looney and try to make arguments for gun control that nned rebutting. The find the real truth behind these "facts" as a riposte.

Just sayin'
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    It could be Trump is throwing some "chum" in the water.

He gets a look at the looney leftists and maybe some that are not so looney and try to make arguments for gun control that nned rebutting. The find the real truth behind these "facts" as a riposte.

Just sayin'
    Too bad no one close to Trump tried any rebuttal when his last gun control argument turned into a gun grab.