Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomnut View Post
    Precisely why I believe ANY law passed should have, say, a 5 year sunset provision. It would have to be reviewed and re-instated/modified then, or it dies a natural death!
    I like that idea a lot. Our representatives might even have to put in a 40 hour week.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Power CUer
    Precisely why I believe ANY law passed should have, say, a 5 year sunset provision. It would have to be reviewed and re-instated/modified then, or it dies a natural death!
    There's an idea!

On the surface, yes, an good idea. However, things like the Patriot Act, and even many of the national emergencies that were no big deal until Trump wanted one appear to be getting rubber stamped back in every time their expiration date comes up. Also, I'd bet the farm that before the ink is dry on this procedure, some proggie would introduce a bill to review and re-instate/modify several Bill of Rights amendments, particularly the 1st and 2nd.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!