Thread: Hollywood's 6 Favorite Offensive Stereotypes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Bull Crap!

The single biggest stereotype in Hollywood is the Crazy Dogmatic, Bible Thumping, Christian zealot.
    Hollywood spares no expense at giving all Christians a bad name

Seen in : The Mist, Crimes of Passion, Carrie, The Apostle, Major League, and hundreds more movies I cannot recall at the moment.
    Only hundreds?

Bull Crap!

The single biggest stereotype in Hollywood is the Crazy Dogmatic, Bible Thumping, Christian zealot.

Seen in : The Mist, Crimes of Passion, Carrie, The Apostle, Major League, and hundreds more movies I cannot recall at the moment.
    I was expecting the lunatic Christian fundy to be in the list too. I am amazed that they didnt even make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Everything out of Hollywood is a stereotype. It's the same for any TV show.

If there's a couple, the woman will be smart and witty and the man will be stupid. If it's a family, the same thing applies except the kids will be wittier than the woman with whom they will side.

If a Christian is involved they will be crazy or hopelessly naive or both. All legal gun owners are homicidal maniacs. All middle-aged women are sex-crazed cougars but no middle-aged can get it up unless a child is involved.

All gays just ooze urbane sophistication and all lesbians are selfless heroes. She-male guys know more about how to be a good friend, wife, or mother than any genetic female could ever know.

All smart women are perpetually angry and brittle. All white business people are evil. All non-white business people are saints (except drug dealers). All rural people are vicious inbreds or Kluxers or worthless trailer trash.

It goes on and on. It's completely unnecessary to watch most movies now. Just look up the characters and read the title and you will be able to put the whole thing together in about 5 minutes.
    I thought you didnt watch tv, or even have cable??????

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Well, instead of bitching about it - become a producer and sponsor a major film, with the exact type of presentation you want to see on the screen - portrayed by the exact holism folks that warm the cockles of your heart. Then do a release in 7,700 theaters across the nation and see what your take is. In about a month you can do a late-night infomercial and try to make back your investment selling DVD between 1 and 5 AM.

Just remember - it’s The Joooooooooooooos!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805526/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...901131_pf.html

Now, "Facing the Giants," the low-budget feature film about faith and high school football they made with church donations and Bible-inspired moxie, is playing at more than 400 theaters around the country -- a gigantic release for any independent movie, let alone one created by near-novices.

The movie has made $2.7 million in 10 days, and ticket sales were good enough last weekend to place it 13th in the box office rankings, one notch below "Flyboys," a war movie with a $60 million budget and starring James Franco.
    It's not the Joooooooooooooooooooos, gator II.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I thought you didnt watch tv, or even have cable??????
    I got satellite last year. I don't much watch between May and September but I've seen enough to comment. I go to the movies every couple of weeks. :D

Banned
    Bull Crap!

At least 2 of those are stephen king adaptations... the extreme religious zealot is one of his hallmarks. Nothing quite makes for some scares like some archaic old testament religion.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    At least 2 of those are stephen king adaptations... the extreme religious zealot is one of his hallmarks. Nothing quite makes for some scares like some archaic old testament religion.
    Strange that this doesn't scare Christians. Wonder why?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Strange that this doesn't scare Christians. Wonder why?
    It should... their god had to make a whole new testament to make up for the crazy shit he pulled in the first one. Gnostic christians even went so far as to say the old testament god was an evil god.

Banned
    Bull Crap!

You forgot the worst one of them all btw...

The Passion of the Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    You forgot the worst one of them all btw...

The Passion of the Christ.
    Come on!.....If you're going to fight...fight fair. ;)

Not sure that one applies.
    Interesting fact about that film though..... Gibson bankrollled it himself. There aren't any mainstream Hollywood directors that would have given that story it's due. Well not since the days of Cecil B. Demille that is. Gibson is a fine director....Apocalypto, Braveheart...etc
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor