Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Come on!.....If you're going to fight...fight fair. ;)

Not sure that one applies.
    Interesting fact about that film though..... Gibson bankrollled it himself. There aren't any mainstream Hollywood directors that would have given that story it's due. Well not since the days of Cecil B. Demille that is. Gibson is a fine director....Apocalypto, Braveheart...etc
    Too many jews in hollywood to fund that movie;P

Correction: Tooooooo many joooooooooooooo's!!1
    Last edited by wilbur; 06-21-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Too many jews in hollywood to fund that movie;P
    Too many lost souls.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    It's not the Joooooooooooooooooooos, gator II.
    gator II. I like it. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

It should... their god had to make a whole new testament to make up for the crazy shit he pulled in the first one. Gnostic christians even went so far as to say the old testament god was an evil god.
    It was a new COVENANT, not Testament. Faulty premise. The new Covenant was not entered because of God's mistakes.
    Even the Gnostics are entitled to their opinion, right or wrong, for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I was expecting the lunatic Christian fundy to be in the list too. I am amazed that they didnt even make the list.
    Consider the source.

It should... their god had to make a whole new testament to make up for the crazy shit he pulled in the first one. Gnostic christians even went so far as to say the old testament god was an evil god.
    Wow, a human that knows more than God! How amazing!!
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

#1.The Cowardly/Incompetent Black Sidekick

As Seen in:

The Fifth Element, Dungeons & Dragons, Die Hard, Superman III, and a lot of movies with Eddie Murphy and Chris Tucker. And any forum with the character Eyelids.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ha.

+1(this 10 character minimum is lame)
    I was wondering if anyone would find the easter egg.

Facing the Giants was made about 45 miles from here. Which in South GA might as well be next door. That was actually the second movie they made. Good example of people wanting to see good movies with a good maessage. The only problem is that Hollywood knows what the average American wants to see more then the average American does.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

noonwitch
    I have always found Mickey Rooney's character in Breakfast At Tiffany's to be a very offensive stereotype, ruining what would otherwise be a good movie-or at least a good lesson for kids about the dangers of smoking (all the smokers in the movie are dead, but Rooney is still alive and Buddy Ebsen lived a good, long life).

I'm surprised no one mentioned Hairspray, with the christian stereotype. Penny's mom is a born-again zealot who won't let her daughter do anything fun, played by Allison Janney. Although, I do love the movie, the music is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Everything out of Hollywood is a stereotype. It's the same for any TV show.

If there's a couple, the woman will be smart and witty and the man will be stupid. If it's a family, the same thing applies except the kids will be wittier than the woman with whom they will side.

If a Christian is involved they will be crazy or hopelessly naive or both. All legal gun owners are homicidal maniacs. All middle-aged women are sex-crazed cougars but no middle-aged can get it up unless a child is involved.

All gays just ooze urbane sophistication and all lesbians are selfless heroes. She-male guys know more about how to be a good friend, wife, or mother than any genetic female could ever know.

All smart women are perpetually angry and brittle. All white business people are evil. All non-white business people are saints (except drug dealers). All rural people are vicious inbreds or Kluxers or worthless trailer trash.

It goes on and on. It's completely unnecessary to watch most movies now. Just look up the characters and read the title and you will be able to put the whole thing together in about 5 minutes.
    I think you've gotten it down to a science, Gingersnap. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Bull Crap!

The single biggest stereotype in Hollywood is the Crazy Dogmatic, Bible Thumping, Christian zealot.
    Hollywood spares no expense at giving all Christians a bad name

Seen in : The Mist, Crimes of Passion, Carrie, The Apostle, Major League, and hundreds more movies I cannot recall at the moment.
    Elmer Gantry - 1960
    I use to wonder if Jimmy Swaggart modeled his life after Elmer. Hollywood has not been fair to Christians, thats for sure. But people like Swaggart, Baker, Popoff and Tilton give Christians a worse name than Hollywood ever could. I imagine most people consider the source. Just because Hollywood says it, doesn't make it gospel, pardon the pun. But tele-evangelists who are exposed as liars, thieves, and total hypocrites not only give Christians a black eye, they shake the foundation of the people they minister to.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.