1. #1 Ocasio-Cortez Doubles Down, Says VA Problems Are a ‘Myth’ 
    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) reinforced her opposition to reforming the Department of Veterans Affairs on Saturday, calling it a "myth" that the system was broken and in need of reform.

Ocasio-Cortez pledged at a town hall a week ago that she would fight bipartisan efforts to reform the scandal-plagued VA health system.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," she said in remarks reported on by the Washington Free Beacon last week. "The idea that this thing that isn't broken, this thing that provides the highest quality care to our veterans somehow needs to be fixed, optimized, tinkered with until you don't even recognize it anymore."

Ocasio-Cortez acknowledged the criticism her opposition to VA reform had received, but doubled down on her defense of the status quo at the agency, according to video of the Queens town hall captured by America Rising.

"You might have heard Fox News talking about it," Ocasio-Cortez said, "because there is a myth that all VAs everywhere are broken."

The freshman congresswoman said the goal is to "starve" the agency of funding
    https://freebeacon.com/issues/ocasio...ms-are-a-myth/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    What to hell does a bartender know about the VA, has she ever served in our military, has she ever visited a VA facility .... NO and NO This is one crazy idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    What to hell does a bartender know about the VA, has she ever served in our military, has she ever visited a VA facility .... NO and NO This is one crazy idiot.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I sold to the feds for many years. An employee of the VA, a manager, told me that she had a note in her father's wallet--"In case of accident, do not take me to the VA Hospital". I saw way too much walking through those halls at the 2 VA hospitals in my area. I saw the beds stacked out in the halls. I saw the sometimes unbelievable inefficiencies in the system. Our vets deserve better. The scary thing is some of these things go back at least 25 or more years and probably have never really been fixed.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I worked at two VA hospitals in my career. After each stint (which were separated by 15 yrs) my views were along with others - 1. Get each vet in need a blue cross card and mainstream. 2. Dismantle or sell off the buildings.
    Simple.
    During the second stint they were almost paralyzed by the idea of Hillarycare, which would have done away with the need for VA.
    During the first stint they were paralyzed by Reagan wanting to decrease government spending.
    It was the most costly and at the same time least quality medical practice I’ve seen except that on reservation.
    But, as the VA administration knew statistical manipulation, they lied to the public continuously.
    Mark Twain already said all to say about these things. It has not changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk