1. #1 Ahead of May Day protest, deputies will no longer respond to calls in Portland 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Portland – Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts has informed his deputies and staff that they will no longer be responding to calls for service within the city of Portland due to the “unnecessary personal and professional risk” they encounter in the city.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler was unable to convince Sheriff Roberts to postpone the decision until after the planned ‘May Day’ protests, which will take place tomorrow, May 1st.

Wheeler expressed particular concern in an interview with KATU. “My own belief on this is pulling out a few days before sends a signal that people who might come to those demonstrations with the intention of doing harm, potentially vandalism, it sends a signal that the Portland Police Bureau is going to be under-resourced. I was hoping he could hold off until after the May Day demonstrations but I was unable to persuade him to do that,” Wheeler said.

However, Sheriff Roberts points to the anti-police sentiment coming directly from city hall and being reverberated by the citizens as one of his main reasons for withdrawing the coverage by his deputies.

In a letter to employees, Roberts even pointed to a statement from the Portland Police Association that highlighted some of the reasons the Portland Police Bureau can’t recruit or retain officers – because they are constantly vilified for political purposes.

The full letter from Sheriff Roberts to his staff is below:
    To all Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office employees: I want to give you an important update on changes to services we provide in the City of Portland.

As you know, our command staff and executive team have been actively assessing the risk of your work within the City of Portland.

Recently, Under sheriff Brandenburg met with many of our deputies assigned to answering routine calls for service in the City of Portland to listen to their concerns related to safety. I’ve also had conversations with other city, state and federal law enforcement leaders, including Portland Police Chief Outlaw. Lastly, I’ve taken into account the Portland Police Association’s concerns outlined in their April 8 statement, which you can read here.

As I said in my earlier email on this topic, I will not place you at unnecessary personal and professional risk.

As a result of these and other assessments, the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office will pull back all staff responding to calls for services within the City of Portland in the coming weeks. Those actions are as follows:

We are working with TriMet to develop a new Intergovernmental Agreement that will reassign deputies to meet the public safety needs of citizens accessing TriMet within Clackamas County. We intend to continue assigning one sergeant and six deputies to provide timely responses for law enforcement services and maintain passenger safety.

With respect to deployment of special teams, we will evaluate requests for assistance on a case-by-case basis. This applies to SWAT, the Crisis Negotiations Team (CNT), and the Rapid Response Team (RRT/CERT).

We will continue our participation on the United States Marshals Fugitive Task Force and the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.

No changes will be made to operations involving Corrections staff who work the Electronic Home Detention Program, Parole and Probation staff who supervise clients in the City of Portland, and the Metropolitan Explosive Disposal Unit (MEDU). All will continue with their regular duties.

I don’t make these decisions lightly. I appreciate and commend the difficult work Portland Police officers do every day, and I also commend Portland Police Chief Outlaw for her leadership in a very difficult environment. I admire her commitment to improving public safety and community relations.

As Sheriff, your safety and the safety of Clackamas County residents remain my top priorities. Our work is dangerous enough without adding unnecessary risk when responding to calls for services in the City of Portland.

I also want to make this clear: We will always respond to help any officer from any agency in immediate need of assistance.

Take care of each other and be safe.

Craig

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    They need a good house cleaning in Portland and maybe this time the thugs will get their asses shot all to hell. It's hard to believe American cities are allowing just common trash to attack citizens and at the same time protect the thugs.

The Portland PD needs to simply walk out. Everyone call out sick for a week.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The Portland PD needs to simply walk out. Everyone call out sick for a week.
    Concur. The reasonable question is not why Clackamas County SD won't risk life and livelihood by working in Portland, but why Portland PD officers do. Portland City Council and Mayor are trying to criminalize effective policing, and, to be blunt, the voters who voted them in need to experience the consequences of the foolishness they voted in.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

We have something in my home town called community officers. They have patrol cars that label them as such and they wear bright yellow vests. They assist with crowd control at big events, car accidents and basically any type of non-violent public event that doesn't require arresting people or dealing with criminals. Portland should replace its police force with Community Officers. It would probably save them a lot of money and make the Antifa thugs very happy,
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

The City of San Jose brings in retired police officers for crowd and traffic control for event like the Silicon Valley Half Marathon and Rock 'N' Roll San Jose Half Marathon. But that's a different aminal. Runners and the people cheering them on aren't violent like the Antifoids.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!