Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 835
  1. #681  
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    You need a 20-mule team...

    That’s an easy, one-way drive of almost three miles that every first-timer should take on the way to Furnace Creek. The yellow dirt was pushed up from an ancient lake bed.

    Death Valley is over twice the size of Delaware. I’ve been there dozens of times over the years and it never fails to awe. I’ve driven out to meet and visit Lizard Lee twice. He lives on beyond the middle of nowhere.

    I could go on and on about DV, but I better get back to the music.

    Amen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #682 Big Wreck ~ The Oaf 
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    223
    Nightranger, you say? Yep, I saw ‘em in concert. GFB!

    Here’s another loon tune I really like that you may not have heard. Ian Thornley is the front man:




    Amen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #683  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,862
    Hopefully this isn't too crass. But tonight's debacle across the U.S. inspired a theme:

    https://youtu.be/0SUC8sdP5eI
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #684  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Remember around 1982, just after the death of Randy Rhodes, when Ozzy Osborne “borrowed” Brad Gillis from Night Ranger to finish off the Diary of a Madman tour as his guitarist?
    Yeah, come to think of it. Not much news got out about the shows. They were probably as stellar as possible, replacing a legend. Just follow Ozzy's cues... which were plentiful.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #685  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by J E B Stuart View Post
    Nightranger, you say? Yep, I saw ‘em in concert. GFB!

    Here’s another loon tune I really like that you may not have heard. Ian Thornley is the front man:
    It's quite solid. Nope, I haven't heard them. The band-name sounds familiar. I probably assumed they were Scandinavian-ish.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #686  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Hopefully this isn't too crass. But tonight's debacle across the U.S. inspired a theme:

    https://youtu.be/0SUC8sdP5eI
    If only he had a different manager... The choice of Honolulu had people semi-scratching their heads.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #687  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Hopefully this isn't too crass. But tonight's debacle across the U.S. inspired a theme:

    https://youtu.be/0SUC8sdP5eI
    Unfortunately, I’m afraid it will get worse before it gets better. Keeping with the theme, it’s Def Leppard - Run Riot

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mavWMSLE87o
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #688  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Unfortunately, I’m afraid it will get worse before it gets better. Keeping with the theme, it’s Def Leppard - Run Riot

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mavWMSLE87o
    When the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco happened, one of my fraternity brothers decided to have an unofficial "Burning Down the House" keg party. Obviously it was meant as sarcasm, basically justifying a reason for a Thursday night keg.

    https://youtu.be/EdEQkRq_xrw
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #689 Grand Funk ~ Gimme Shelter (cover) 
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Unfortunately, I’m afraid it will get worse before it gets better. Keeping with the theme, it’s Def Leppard - Run Riot ...
    Did I hear someone say theme? Well, alrighty then:



    Oops. Almost forgot. I have the album.

    Amen.
    Last edited by J E B Stuart; 05-30-2020 at 11:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #690  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    When the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco happened, one of my fraternity brothers decided to have an unofficial "Burning Down the House" keg party. Obviously it was meant as sarcasm, basically justifying a reason for a Thursday night keg.

    https://youtu.be/EdEQkRq_xrw
    Back in those days, Thursday was referred to as ‘little Friday’. As if anyone really had to struggle for an excuse to drink beer on a weeknight. Lol!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •