Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 838
  1. #541  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,867
    Quote Originally Posted by J E B Stuart View Post
    Good one. A Vulcan mind meld.

    I saw Sugarloaf in concert many moons ago. This is their best work, IMHO:




    Amen.
    https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=YG...&feature=share

    Remember hearing this song back in the days when the radio station didn't tell you the artist. Good times...
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #542 Crow ~ Evil Woman 
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    ...Remember hearing this song back in the days when the radio station didn't tell you the artist. Good times...
    Good times, indeed.

    Remember this one?:




    Amen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #543  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,867
    Quote Originally Posted by J E B Stuart View Post
    Good times, indeed.

    Remember this one?:




    Amen.
    Wow. Nice pull from the way back machine!

    Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat:

    https://youtu.be/fqLh3OcwvyI
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #544 Stillwater ~ Mind Bender 
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Wow. Nice pull from the way back machine!

    Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat:

    https://youtu.be/fqLh3OcwvyI
    Oh yeah. And donít forget Easy Liviní.

    Well, no need to stop there. Hereís a Mind Bender fer ya:




    Amen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #545  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,867
    A fun Minneapolis band from the early 90's.

    https://youtu.be/zMFtkubNF4Q
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #546  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by J E B Stuart View Post
    Good one. A Vulcan mind meld.

    I saw Sugarloaf in concert many moons ago. This is their best work, IMHO:
    Superb song. I didn't really listen to their stuff at the time. Not sure why. Probably too much competition... plus Sugarloaf was getting zero FM-airplay.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #547  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by J E B Stuart View Post
    Good times, indeed.

    Remember this one?:




    Amen.
    I got the 45 upstairs. Sort of Steppenwolf with horns.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #548  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Superb song. I didn't really listen to their stuff at the time. Not sure why. Probably too much competition... plus Sugarloaf was getting zero FM-airplay.
    I have very nice used copies of both of those Sugarloaf records. Both are gatefold covers. When I see a sweet copy of something like that, I canít resist buying it because Iím afraid Iíll never cross paths with it again. Even the way those old records smell is something that canít be put into words.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #549 Climax Blues Band ~ I Am Constant 
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    A fun Minneapolis band from the early 90's.

    https://youtu.be/zMFtkubNF4Q
    Thanks. I enjoyed that.

    Hereís something you might like. I know I sure do:




    Amen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #550 Five By Five ~ Fire 
    Senior Member J E B Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I have very nice used copies of both of those Sugarloaf records. Both are gatefold covers. When I see a sweet copy of something like that, I canít resist buying it because Iím afraid Iíll never cross paths with it again. Even the way those old records smell is something that canít be put into words.
    I do, too, although I havenít done so in quite some time. The last vinyl LP I bought was one I found online. I bought it because of this song:



    I liked it better than Jimiís.

    Amen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •