Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I am beginning to see how a civil war could come about in this country. It seems to m 
    link

One thing about Democrats/liberals is that they are dumber than a box of rocks and they NEVER learn.

wasupaloopa (3,009 posts)

I am beginning to see how a civil war could come about in this country. It seems to me that the

founding fathers assumed that the rule of law would be maintained. They must of assumed that law enforcers and judges would follow the rule of law.

They must have assumed that officials would be true to their oaths of office.

Our system of government is based on the rule of law.

QUOTATION: “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”

When leaders and law enforcers and judges do not follow the rule of law, our only power comes from our right to vote.

But if the outcomes of our elections are controlled by a hostile foreign power intent on destroying our democracy and the government accepts that outcome, then even our right to vote is meaningless.

I believe trump and putin are conspiring to steal the 2020 election.
    I believe they will doctor the vote count. If so and those in power accept those counts, we no longer have any power.

When only the honest follow the rule of law and the dishonest while holding power do not, then the honest will become unlawful out of a sense of hopelessness and frustration. That is true resistance.

Those supporting trump and those who do not may become violent. I can see how a civil war would break out. It would be a war to put back the rule of law or to end it

People must be discussing this in private.

So the jack*sses are going to double down on RUSSIA/TRUMP COLLUSION?

Let them. It will make them look even more unhinged.
    BigOleDummy (558 posts)
    2. Sadly ...

… I agree with the OP's assessment. Its all too easy to see the brown shirts of the MAGA forces forming barriers to polling places, intimidating voters in other ways. If the Courts , that are being packed by our chump in chief remember , do nothing to stop these ass clowns they will only gain confidence and numbers.

Remember that the Third Reich came to power with about 38% of the popular vote. Does that number look familiar to anyone?

I don’t even know where to begin... the violence is coming from the left. Haven’t seen any roving gangs in MAGA hats raping, plundering, and pillaging. Our restraint is your greatest gift. If it goes hot, you’ll lose in five minutes. Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
    Last edited by Tecate; 05-04-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: The old iPhone fat finger

Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

wasupaloopa (3,009 posts)

I am beginning to see how a civil war could come about in this country. It seems to me that the

founding fathers assumed that the rule of law would be maintained. They must of assumed that law enforcers and judges would follow the rule of law.
    No civil war necessary, Trump's going to clean out the law-violators from the FBI, and is replacing the older and retired judicial crazies with sane people who care about the law and constitution. Trump might even change the Ninth Circus Court so much that conservatives will lose that bogeyman, ... and won't miss it, .
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I don’t even know where to begin... the violence is coming from the left. Haven’t seen any roving gangs in MAGA hats raping, plundering, and pillaging. Our restraint is your greatest gift. If it goes hot, you’ll lose in five minutes. Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
    Exactly.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Not exactly my worst fear is fighting against a grownup that has a mind of a ten year old

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Not exactly my worst fear is fighting against a grownup that has a mind of a ten year old
    Here I am going off topic again. My uncle wrote letters to my mother while he was in Vietnam. I never saw this letter and am going off only what my mother told me. He said he shot a young girl about 10 or 12 years old by accident. I don’t think I could carry that weight on my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    It would happen so fast that we wouldn't even have to reload.

Don’t remember where I saw it, but the best response I’ve seen re: this “CIVIL WAR” is:
    Our side has a trillion bullets, and their side dosen’t even know which bathroom to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomnut View Post
    Don’t remember where I saw it, but the best response I’ve seen re: this “CIVIL WAR” is:
    Our side has a trillion bullets, and their side dosen’t even know which bathroom to use!
    All the deplorables have to do is have a rail and interstate highway blockade of LA, SF, NYC, Chicago St. Louis etc. We'll have their unconditional surrender in a few days, if they don't kill each other first.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)