Thread: Hello

1. #1 Hello 
    I'm Andrew from wonderful central Florida. I am 19 and currently on a small hiatus from college (long story short, couldn't get loans). This has, however, given me the opportunity to volunteer at the local Rep. HQ almost full-time during the campaign, work as a "poll-watcher" on election day (except I worked in a precinct which voted 600-something McCain, 200-something Obama), and get myself more involved in the blog/interaction side of politics. I am a Glenn Beck fan and highly recommend An Inconvenient Book. I am/was studying civil engineering but I also have a bit of interest in International Relations. I love to learn about other cultures and my dream job would be a professional traveler (I am quite active at Wikitravel: http://wikitravel.org/en/User:AHeneen ). The sticky said not to talk about politics, so I'll leave with something else the sticky said: I "wonder why exactly Florida is still a member of the Union." My pet peeve living in a fiscally responsible, uncorrupt state (South Florida is for all practical purposes a separate state) is state inequality (as in fiscally irresponsible automakers, states, & cities asking for bailouts) and quite honestly wonder whether the South would be better off as a separate country (like that Russian professor in the news recently and the Welcome Wagon sticky suggest).

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    I'm Andrew from wonderful central Florida. I am 19 and currently on a small hiatus from college (long story short, couldn't get loans). This has, however, given me the opportunity to volunteer at the local Rep. HQ almost full-time during the campaign, work as a "poll-watcher" on election day (except I worked in a precinct which voted 600-something McCain, 200-something Obama), and get myself more involved in the blog/interaction side of politics. I am a Glenn Beck fan and highly recommend An Inconvenient Book. I am/was studying civil engineering but I also have a bit of interest in International Relations. I love to learn about other cultures and my dream job would be a professional traveler (I am quite active at Wikitravel: http://wikitravel.org/en/User:AHeneen ). The sticky said not to talk about politics, so I'll leave with something else the sticky said: I "wonder why exactly Florida is still a member of the Union." My pet peeve living in a fiscally responsible, uncorrupt state (South Florida is for all practical purposes a separate state) is state inequality (as in fiscally irresponsible automakers, states, & cities asking for bailouts) and quite honestly wonder whether the South would be better off as a separate country (like that Russian professor in the news recently and the Welcome Wagon sticky suggest).

Glad to have you aboard!!! You are in good company, many of our regulars are practically your neighbors.

Me, I'm a member of the minority in a Democrat dominated cesspool of fiscal irresponsibility.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!