Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    What a choice: Crusty experience or Fresh incompetence.
    If you're not a far left liberal it is not a good election year.

I can't believe a great nation can't provide us with better choices for president.

Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    I can't believe a great nation can't provide us with better choices for president.
    300,000,000 people and the best two are these? What the #$^& is wrong with us?:o:mad:

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I shouldn't wonder, what with all the threats you've made not to vote for McCain.
    As I have stated before, if McCain picks a REAL conservative as his VP running mate, then he will get my vote in November. But if McCain decides to take a left turn and pick a Condi Rice or a Mitt Romney, I'll end up sitting out the general election.

It's hard enough for me to vote for McCain, as it is. McCain's VP pick will be an indication as to the direction he wants to take the Republican Party as its new leader. If that direction is even further to the left, then no sale.

I stand by what I've said.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Whether you like it or not.....

....mentioning HUSSEIN as his middle name, and shouting it to the mountaintops will make a difference.

Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    300,000,000 people and the best two are these? What the #$^& is wrong with us?:o:mad:

As Mr. White tells us: "You can't fix stupid.":D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    As I have stated before, if McCain picks a REAL conservative as his VP running mate, then he will get my vote in November. But if McCain decides to take a left turn and pick a Condi Rice or a Mitt Romney, I'll end up sitting out the general election.

It's hard enough for me to vote for McCain, as it is. McCain's VP pick will be an indication as to the direction he wants to take the Republican Party as its new leader. If that direction is even further to the left, then no sale.

I stand by what I've said.
    Who would you like to see as his running mate?

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Who would you like to see as his running mate?
    My first choice is Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour. He is a solid social conservative, and he would bring the FisCons on board, as well. Since independents usually only focus on the top of the ticket anyway, Haley Barbour's selection as McCain's VP would be a great way to let conservatives know that McCain will [u]not[/] abandon conservative principles, and will reassure conservatives that should something go wrong with McCain's health, due to his age, a real conservative who's qualified will be ready to take over as president. Governor Haley Barbour would make an excellent pick for McCain's VP.

I also like Mike Huckabee, but he already has signed a one-year contract with the Fox News Channel, so he's out.

Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana is definitely a conservative, but he's too young, and the liberal media would turn him into another Dan Quayle. Also, the age difference between McCain and Jindal is too great.

Newt is also a good pick, but he has too much personal baggage in his past, which the liberal media could easily exploit.

I really believe that Governor Haley Barbour is the best pick for John McCain.