1. #1 Have you ever had your political opinion changed on something? 
    I always wonder why people keep up with politics. Are you looking to be up to date with the issues? Looking for confirmation bias on your opinions? Looking to hear the other side?

I guess it's a little bit of all of the above for me, and I'm sure with other people.

The best example of having my opinion changed is probably on the topic of abortion. All through my teenage years, to young adulthood I would be considered pro choice. It just made sense to me. It's not a kid, it makes your life so much easier to not have the burden of a child right? What's the big deal, quit interferring in other people's affairs.

Then I started to actually listen to pro life arguments (the issue was that it's not that I was pro choice necessarily, I just didn't care to hear the opposing view because it seemed so obvious to me) and I heard arguments that are very difficult to argue with.

Steven Crowders "I'm Pro Life, Change My Mind" videos are specifically what I'm referring to. When he detailed the consistent hard line argument of when he believes life begins, and the choices one can make if they don't want to be a parent it honestly changed my mind to the pro life side.

I'm definitely a conservative, but reasons like this are reasons I enjoy hearing opposing views, and challenging my beliefs. Because I don't know everything, and a reasonable case is a reasonable case. I'm open to having my opinion changed if it makes sense. And the pro life arguments just make sense to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine have never changed 180... They've wafted and drifted with some compass-spinning, arriving at a new pole close to the original.

There've been zillions of low-priority issues though. I've changed on some of them.

Mine change all the time. I think it's because I'm able to see things from both points of view. I'll be reading from liberals and conservatives and I can tell that they don't believe that the other side is truly able to think differently than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Mine change all the time. I think it's because I'm able to see things from both points of view. I'll be reading from liberals and conservatives and I can tell that they don't believe that the other side is truly able to think differently than they are.
    I remember you from about 15 or more years ago. Didnít always agree with your views, but you always seemed to be nice.

Me? I think the government is corrupt as the day is long, at every level. Who watches the watchers? Weíve been hoodwinked and gaslighted for probably most of my lifetime, if not longer. I donít believe almost anything I see in the MSM. Other than that, Iím having a fairly good evening. Cheers!