1. #1 Abortion bans do NOT end abortion, they force women into the back alleys... 
    link

cynatnite (30,139 posts) Abortion bans do NOT end abortion, they force women into the back alleys...

Abortion has been around for thousands of years and isn't going anywhere. The last numbers I read is that tens of thousands of women die from illegal abortions every year.

This is a big reason why we need them safe and legal.

It needs to be made clear. Abortion bans do not end abortions.

Murder bans do not end murder, they force murderers into back alleys to hide what they have done.

Murders have been around for thousands of years and isn't going anywhere. The last numbers I have read is that thousands of people die from murders every year.

This is a big reason why we need to keep them safe and legal. (It isn't fair to persecute murderers, you know.)

It needs to be made clear. Murder bans do not end murders.

And so that is why we need to keep murdering people legal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Domestic Violence bans do not end domestic violence, they force abusers into back alleys to hide what they have done.

Domestic Violence has been around for thousands of years and isn't going anywhere. The last numbers I have read is that thousands of people die or have been battered by domestic violence every year. And women suffer when their husbands are trundled off to jail. It does nothing to help the family and many - or most - women don't want their husbands arrested.

This is a big reason why we need to keep domestic violence safe and legal.

-------------------

saidsimplesimon (5,356 posts)

1. Abortion bans do not end abortions.

You nailed it in this one sentence. I was around for the fight before Roe. When abortions were illegal, they were always available for a price.

Bans are an attack on women and all those who paid the price in time or treasure to reverse the ban, control their own destiny, or freedom from male domination. Re fighting the 60's feels like a bad continuing episode of The Handmaiden's Tale.
    Selfish jack*sses demand that killing unborn babies be legal because THEY are too stupid and irresponsible to take responsibility for their sexual behavior.

And they demand that they be able to kill unborn babies right up to and including when they are born.
    Last edited by Carol; 05-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.

link

TNNurse (3,631 posts)

I know she is out there.

That brave GOP woman who will speak up about her abortion. She will say who the very prominent Republican man was who either got her pregnant and helped arrange it or the one who just made it happen. I hope she will be strong and believe that she should speak up and soon.

No doubt some conservative women (GOP woman) have had abortions.

That DOES NOT make killing unborn babies OK.

WhiskeyGrinder (5,219 posts)

8. What would that do? Everyone knows that people get abortions regardless of religion, party

affiliation, even whether they describe themselves as pro-choice or pro-life. If you're waiting for hypocrisy to force Republican legislators to do the right thing, you'll be waiting a long time.
    TNNurse (3,631 posts)

9. I want them publicly outed. I want someone to say this GOP senator, governor, congressman

participated in this even though they vote that it should be illegal.
    Again, just because a GOP senator, governor, or congressman or his wife had an abortion doesn't make killing unborn babies OK. And just because someone has had an abortion does not mean they HAVE to vote to make or keep abortions legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Murder bans do not end murder, they force murderers into back alleys to hide what they have done.

Murders have been around for thousands of years and isn't going anywhere. The last numbers I have read is that thousands of people die from murders every year.

This is a big reason why we need to keep them safe and legal. (It isn't fair to persecute murderers, you know.)

It needs to be made clear. Murder bans do not end murders.

And so that is why we need to keep murdering people legal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Domestic Violence bans do not end domestic violence, they force abusers into back alleys to hide what they have done.

Domestic Violence has been around for thousands of years and isn't going anywhere. The last numbers I have read is that thousands of people die or have been battered by domestic violence every year. And women suffer when their husbands are trundled off to jail. It does nothing to help the family and many - or most - women don't want their husbands arrested.

This is a big reason why we need to keep domestic violence safe and legal.

-------------------

Could not say it better, so I'll just add my signature quote ...
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Or maybe people will learn responsibility and use caution before having sex? Crazy I know!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Bingo. No spreading your legs in Alabama unless you're willing to have a baby with the dude you so desperately have to bang.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I live in a border state. Abortion is legal in Canada, and I don't see that changing any time soon. PP can do abortions on a boat in international waters-Lake St. Clair or Lake Huron, like they used to do off the coast of Ireland, since you need a passport or modified (extra fee) driver's license to go to Windsor these days.

Considering moonbats call silly things like abortion clinics being inspected and meeting medical sanitation requirements, or providers being actual doctors with admitting privileges at local hospitals to be restrictions on abortion, I fail to see the difference between their visions of reproductive freedom and those back alley abortions.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Planned Parenthood pays $1 a year in Austin, Texas. Owen Shroyer from infowars confronts City Council. This is great stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4o0Aj4GSZ_Q