1. #1 Hamas chief warns of 'black destiny' for Israel (what? Next stupid quote) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Hamas chief warns of 'black destiny' for Israel

DAMASCUS (AFP) Hamas supremo Khaled Meshaal on Friday warned Israel that a "black destiny" awaits the Jewish state if it launches a ground offensive into the Gaza Strip.

"If you commit the stupidity of launching a ground offensive then a black destiny awaits you," Meshaal said in a pre-taped speech aired on Al-Jazeera television.

"You will soon find out that Gaza is the wrath of the God," said Meshaal, whose Islamist Hamas movement controls the Gaza Strip which has been the target of a deadly week-long Israeli bombardment campaign.

He told the Israeli government: "You thought that the way to win the coming elections (on February 10) is via the invasion of Gaza but I tell you it is a mistake."

If Israeli troops enter Gaza "our people will fight them from street to street," said the Hamas leader, who lives in exile in Syria.

"I ask all the sons of the (Hamas) movement to mobilise... until the aggression is over and the blockade is lifted."

Mass protests were held across the Middle East on Friday after Hamas called for a "Day of Wrath" against Israel as tanks and troops waited on the Gaza border where a ground offensive is expected to start within days.

A least 430 Palestinians have been killed and 2,250 others wounded, according to Gaza medics, since Israel unleashed its air and sea campaign against Hamas targets in Gaza on December 27 in retaliation for rocket attacks by Gaza militants.

Meshaal insisted that Hamas "will not surrender... (or) bow to the conditions of the enemy."

"Our demand is clear that the aggression stops immediately, that all crossings reopen and the blockade is lifted," he said, reiterating demands that could pave the way for a truce with Israel.

But Meshaal also said that Hamas was "ready for challenges... We are confident we will win" and he insisted that the "battle was imposed on us and we will face up to it."

Hamas has "lost very little" of its military forces in the week-long confrontation with Israel, Meshaal added.

The Palestinian politician, whose movement has fallen out with Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas, accused western countries of showing favouritism towards Israel.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...1o9tFoxsSQD8Jg

I'm expecting to next hear "There are no Israeli Troops in Gaza. We are beating them back with our shoes, and the blood of thousands of Israeli troops are soaking the sands". ;)

Sonnabend

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Gaza. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    We will continue to capture Israeli buildings, drag them back to Gaza, and blow them up.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Gaza. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."
    I wish that they would bring back old Bagdad Bob .That Gent could really tell a wopper and never crack a smile.The war was ranging all around him with US tanks blasting away and he would tell his stories of IRaq Victories while the Iraqi troops were marching with their hands up in the air surrounded by US troops.He would be a natural in the US Congress with the rest of the crooks and liars !

This Muslims say the funniest things. They are getting their butts handed to them in Gaza and the world can see it on TV and yet they still want to sound like things are going exactly as they planned. Made me think of some line from a movie where the guy said "I stopped his fist with my face."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This Muslims say the funniest things. They are getting their butts handed to them in Gaza and the world can see it on TV and yet they still want to sound like things are going exactly as they planned. Made me think of some line from a movie where the guy said "I stopped his fist with my face."
    I read a book about the Arab israeli war in '67 or written another way, The great Israeli Turkey Shoot. The Arabs got their butts waxed and were still spouting propaganda.

It got hard to sell when Arab "soldiers" were attacking with all haste to the rear.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Arabs in other countries buy it hook, line and sinker. I wonder what hidden bunker he's broadcasting from? And hopefully Israeli troops will find it.