1. #1 House Passes H.R. 5, the "Equality Act" 
    eyeballing twitter and cspan at work, this is the first article about it that is popping up. Adding LGBTQRSXYZWTF to discrimination laws. What I've seen so far thinks it will die in the senate, but I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.frc.org/pressrelease/hou...hts-the-family
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

CNN's take on it

(CNN)The House passed legislation Friday that would protect those living in states where it's legal to discriminate based on sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing and other services as well as access to public accommodations such as restaurants.
    The bill, known as the "Equality Act," would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other civil rights laws to include sexual orientation and gender identity as protected characteristics. But critics argue it raises serious concerns for religious communities as well as women's sports.
    It passed largely along party lines in the Democratic-controlled House, 236-173, but it's not expected to be taken up in the GOP-led Senate. Eight Republicans supported the bill.

snip

A White House official earlier this week said that while the Trump administration opposes all discrimination, it will not support the House-sponsored "Equality Act," saying it's "filled with poison pills that threaten to undermine parental and conscience rights."
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

It is not legal to discriminate against those people. What the law actually does is grant special protections so that those outside those groups can be legally discriminated against.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Trump's statement is 100% correct
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys