On sheer volume, open-borders advocates are in the catbird seat, getting exactly the open borders they have effectively been calling for.

Here is the latest from NPR:

The number of migrants apprehended at the Southern border surpassed 100,000 for the second consecutive month, according to new figures released by the Trump administration.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended 109,144 migrants in April. That is more than 5,400 over the total in the month of March, and it is the highest monthly total since 2007.

The chief of the Border Patrol, Carla Provost, told a Senate Judiciary panel that "our apprehension numbers are off the charts."

"We cannot address this crisis by shifting more resources. It's like holding a bucket under a faucet. It doesn't matter how many buckets you give me if we can't turn off the flow," she said.

For the rest of us, we are about to learn just what open borders looks like. One hundred nine thousand is quite a few people, not just in a big country such as the United States, but in the countries these migrants are coming from — 1% of the population of Guatemala, 1% of the population of Honduras, taken over the course of the first seven months of the fiscal year.

Economist Hernando de Soto told me several years ago that history shows there is no stopping the movement of peoples, and while I felt disagreement with him then, it's clear that in this mass migration incident, he was in a certain way right. It's not that people are unstoppable like deer in nature, however. It's that the incentivizing laws from the U.S. — from the failure of the asylum system to keep junk claims out, to the huge banquet of 'free' benefits on offer from states, which judges have ruled no popular vote can stop, pretty well inevitably leads to the now seen open border that lawmen can no longer stop, all based on sheer volume. The law has little ballast or enforcement in the face of a migrant flood, with migrants now rolling in not just from Central America, but from all over the world
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...they_want.html