Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is craziness a genetic problem in parts of the West Coast ? 
    One of the problems that cities up and down the west coast are having right now is with homeless people using the streets and sidewalks as a bathroom. Portland and San Francisco both employ special crews of street cleaners that remove the human waste on a daily basis. One proposed solution has been to set up more public bathrooms so the homeless have someplace else to go besides the sidewalk. But an attempt at making that work in Portland isn’t proving popular with neighbors.

About a week ago, the city rolled out a “hygiene facility” which is basically a trailer with a porta-potty and some lockers on it. When the trailer first arrived, there were few if any homeless people camped out nearby. The street looked like this

In a matter of days, the trailer gradually became the center of a growing tent camp. Here’s an after photo. You can see the trailer down the street to the left

Not surprisingly, residents of the area are complaining to the Portland City Council
    https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/...hit-neighbors/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Someone will sue because there is no shower

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Someone will sue because there is no shower
    Crawl under a port-a-potty. Problem solved.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Was the title of this thread intended to be STUPIDLY inflammatory? @#$% OFF!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Maybe not genetic since it affects the homeless, the local politicians and the voters who put them in office. Fluoride in the drinking water?
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Once again you get some Liberal who rather feel good , then do good.

They don't care if the people in that area don't want a homeless camp, after all they only exist to pay property taxes and keep the guys at City Hall employed for the rest of their lives.
    You can talk a homeless guy into voting for you, you can't get a property owner to vote for you after some crazed asshole took a shit on his front yard and tried to rape his dog.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Interesting question worthy of research:

How many of these cities which allow public defecation on the streets will ticket and fine a taxpayer who allows his dog to do the same? We must demand equal rights for our canine friends!
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Was the title of this thread intended to be STUPIDLY inflammatory? @#$% OFF!
    I don't get your point.

If you think what is happening on the West Coast is acceptable, your welcome to do so.

The title was meant to remind the members here of all the other "silliness" on the West Coast such as (but not limited too) free college in Washington State for those who make under $50,000, pedophilia being taught as a lifestyle at one school system in California, students who want sanctuary dorms on their college campuses, SF banning car burglary warning signs, Newsome threating Trump because the feds won't send almost $900 million dollars to a failed railway project, Oakland (?) mayor warning of ICE activity in the area, Seattle school board instructs teachers to give Islamic blessings, Washington State Official Bans Deportation of Criminal Illegal Aliens, In Portland deputies will no longer respond, making jokes at Portland State gets you reported to its bias response team, Antifa Chases 50+ Police Officers Out of Portland, Portland Residents Call 911 Every 15 Minutes To Complain About Homeless People (no response), California Democrats made plastic straws hard to get. Are paper receipts next?

These behaviors rise above unclear and muddy thinking, abject stupidity, just plain stupidity, or drug or alcohol abuse which has altered the thinking of most of those in politics or positions of power. These are the individuals who are the subjects I was referring to.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post

These behaviors rise above unclear and muddy thinking, abject stupidity, just plain stupidity, or drug or alcohol abuse which has altered the thinking of most of those in politics or positions of power. These are the individuals who are the subjects I was referring to.
    And rightly so. The land of fruits and nuts. And I have a pot full of friends and relatives living there.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    I don't get your point. 1

If you think what is happening on the West Coast is acceptable 2, your welcome to do so.
    1 Broad-brushing people gets strong responses.

2 So does putting words in people's mouth, from me at least.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!