Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shut down a religious nut today over abortion... 
    link

They always think they "win" when they present these idiotic false equivalencies.

Xolodno (3,287 posts)

Shut down a religious nut today over abortion...

....long story short, the typical talking points.

So I decided to use a different tact.

Said, "Ok, lets just say your right and the government via "Biblical Law" has the right to decide this and not the woman. That means the government could mark you on your forehead or hand with a micro-chip exactly like its mentioned in the Book of Revelation of the Bible. Guess I can count on you with joining with the Anti-Christ".

Left it there as I could see his blood pressure skyrocketing and walked away.

They're silent because they cannot believe that liberals are so evil and craven that they would equate KILLING an unborn baby with a microchip or their other craven evil equivalencies that they think wins the debate.

lunatica (41,450 posts)

1. Why not just ask him why he thinks god needs his help?

Or have him to explain why god doesn’t smite the “sinners” himself.

I ask these questions whenever they espouse punishment or spew religious hatred against any group. That includes LGBT groups, racial groups, other religion groups and women.

They have no answer, because there is no answer to those questions. But when they shut up in shock be sure to tell them god is watching and waiting for their answer.

I’m not a believer but they are and they deserve to have their “faith” crammed down THEIR throats for a change.
    I thought the Jack*sses had morals. That's what they oh so self righteously tell us. What kind of morality does one have where it is OK to kill INNOCENT unborn babies because you're too selfish to take responsibility for your actions?

I guess it's all in what you value. The REALITY is that there is no difference in killing an innocent unborn baby because he/she is "inconvenient" and killing a random liberal because they are inconvenient to have around and they would make our future difficult. BOTH are immoral and wrong. Of course JACK*SSES value themselves and those they can USE for their political purposes and despise everyone else. So killing innocent unborn babies is OK but if it were them they'd wail that it wasn't 'fair' and it 'wasn't the same'.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This story by Xolodno makes no sense but
    that's never stopped them before!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I lose IQ points every time I read one of their posts.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    There's a real lack of creativity in crafting the bouncy tales anymore.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

So I decided to use a different tact.

Said, "Ok, lets just say your right and the government via "Biblical Law" has the right to decide this and not the woman. ...
    As frank often says on DU, DUpipo lie all the time, and all the time DUpipo lie. So the thread title had me expecting the claim was false. Thing is, many/most/almost-all DUpipo are grossly ignorant of Evangelical and Catholic Christians. So they make stupid mistakes like the one I highlighted. Almost any Pro-Lifer who heard that phrase would ask what in the world it meant, or point out that almost no one* proposes that.

* I've never heard it in 45 years of being around Pro-Life people, but I'm allowing for there being some outlier somewhere in the whole of the US. I know the Evangelical landscape better than the random DU-member and I'm not sure I could find one.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Said, "Ok, lets just say your right and the government via "Biblical Law" has the right to decide this and not the woman. That means the government could mark you on your forehead or hand with a micro-chip exactly like its mentioned in the Book of Revelation of the Bible. Guess I can count on you with joining with the Anti-Christ".
    The DUmmy needs to go back and re-read the book of Revelations, specifically chapter 13. The passage the DUmmy incorrectly refers to is a warning from God NOTto be fooled by the anti-christ and accept the mark of the beast, rather than encouraging God's followers to accept the mark.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

If someone wrote a book, DUmmies Say the Stupidest Things, there would have to be multiple chapters of what they said about theologically conservative Christians.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Someone should check the side of the OPs head for the "Mark of the Boot".
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    If someone wrote a book, DUmmies Say the Stupidest Things, there would have to be multiple chapters of what they said about theologically conservative Christians.
    And several chapters on guns. DUmmies are not so bright in that arena either.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

"...and then a cop jumped out of the bushes and arrested the woman for having a miscarriage...."
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.