link

kpete (62,122 posts)

Either this is Bullshit or we are screwed: Mueller's team expressed reticence to him testifying...

NEWS: Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team has expressed reticence to him testifying publicly in front of the House Judiciary Committee, according to sources familiar with the matter. His team has expressed that he does not want to appear political. w/@LauraAJarrett @jeremyherb

Manu Raju @mkraju

NEWS: Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team has expressed reticence to him testifying publicly in front of the House Judiciary Committee, according to sources familiar with the matter. His team has expressed that he does not want to appear political. w/@LauraAJarrett @jeremyherb

11:05 AM - May 21, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

4,162 people are talking about this

I am hoping that "Mueller's team" is a single DOJ rat, not Mueller himself, but perhaps hope is a passing fancy of mine, kp
There was no collusion and no obstruction. Mueller does not want to have to answer questions from Republicans. It would expose how partisan they were and how they gave Hillary a pass because she's a Democrat.
Skittles (120,352 posts)
3. WHY won't people put AMERICA above their PARTY

THIS IS RIDICULOUS
CentralMass (6,755 posts)

6. Too late. He appeared political when he punted on drawing obvious conclusions.

You would like to believe that there are at least some republicans with so integrity and patriotism with a sense to do the right thing. That doesn't appear to be the case.
standingtall (2,023 posts)

7. Wait I thought his team was upset with how Barr misrepresented their report

So why wouln't they want to testify to set the record straight?
uponit7771 (55,058 posts)

13. I really doubt Mueller is afraid of appearing anything but truthful and willing to cooperate.
matt819 (7,468 posts)

18. Not a worry troll

But. . .

On tv legal dramas, the saying goes that you don't ask a witness a question you don't already know the answer to.

I think that's the problem here for Democrats. For all that we put our hopes on the Mueller report, it has been - or at least so far appeared to be - a dud. My fear is that direct questions will result in him saying, no, there's no legal basis for obstruction. Or, sure, there were a lot of indications of conspiracy with the Russians, but no evidence that would justify an indictment. And he's certainly ot going to offer an opinion that, sure, Trump is guilty as hell on obstruction and conspiracy, but we just can't prove it.

Same with McGahn.

I don't know about McGahn's history, but Mueller has a spotless (I think) history of just doing his damn job. He prosecuted bad guys, and they went to jail. He rose to the highest levels of the DOJ. I haven't seen anyone describe him as anything other than a man of honor.

But. . . he and McGahn are still Republicans, maybe of the old school, but still, Republicans. We all know we are in uncharted waters, and it will only be the courage of Republicans to break the stranglehold. And, let's face it. There's no such thing as a courageous Republican.
UniteFightBack (3,242 posts)
25. Straight up COWARD move. I thought this guy fought in Nam. Bonespurs and Barr got the best of him

and he doesn't care. SO DISGUSTED.
procon (12,592 posts)

30. Who was the source?

Color me a tad skeptical here. Was if some DOJ spokesperson under Barr's thumb? Someone who worked under Mueller who was speaking off the cuff and speaking his own views? Or someone who was speaking on behalf of the whole group with the full knowledge and consent of Mueller?