link

Demovictory9 (6,240 posts)

A healthy dog was euthanized so it could be buried with its owner

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/us/do...rnd/index.html

Emma, a healthy Shih Tzu mix, was euthanized to fulfill her late owner's dying wish that the dog be put down -- and then laid to rest with her.

The dog arrived at the Chesterfield County Animal Shelter in Chesterfield, Virginia, on March 8 after her owner's death, where she stayed for two weeks. During that time, the shelter was in contact with the executor of the dead woman's estate trying to keep the dog alive.

"We did suggest they could sign the dog over on numerous occasions, because it's a dog we could easily find a home for and re-home," said Carrie Jones, manager of Chesterfield Animal Services told CNN affiliate WWBT.

On March 22, the executor of the owner's estate came to the shelter to get the dog, a spokeswoman for the Chesterfield County Police told CNN. The shelter again offered to have the dog signed over and be adopted out, but the executor declined.

Emma was then taken to a local veterinarian, euthanized and taken to a pet cremation center in Richmond, Virginia, WWBT reported. Her ashes were placed in an urn and returned to the representative of the woman's estate.
The DUmmies response? No surprise. The jack*sses cheer the killing of unborn babies but are HORRIFIED and ENRAGED at this.
LakeArenal (6,338 posts)

1. Humans suck. If I were a vet, I'd refuse.
hlthe2b (68,466 posts)

2. Oh, gawd... this is just wrong.

But killing unborn human babies is not just OK but CELEBRATED.
Bonx (1,523 posts)

5. The Executor should have been euthanized instead.

That's certainly what the abortionist deserve.

ADX (1,463 posts)

12. Here's the Veterinarian's Oath, adopted by the American Veterinary Medical Association ...

..."Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.

I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics. I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.
"

How euthanizing a healthy animal even remotely lines up with any of the above is beyond me...

That's supposed to matter but a doctor's oath doesn't?
ProfessorGAC (36,246 posts)

24. This Sucks

Someone should be prosecuted for animal cruelty
Luciferous (3,512 posts)

25. What a selfish owner! People suck.
ooky (2,503 posts)

16. There are some stories I wish I had never seen.

This is one of them. Its sickening.
What's sickening is how Democrats value animals more than they do human unborn babies.

And NO it doesn't matter that the unborn baby is in the womb while the dog is not. BOTH are WRONG.