1. #1 California Wants To Ban 'Racist' Single-Family Zoning To Correct "Historical Wrongs 
    California is mulling a new state measure that would require cities and counties to allow permits for duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes on much of the residential land currently zoned exclusively for single-family housing, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The proposal, added to Senate Bill 50 by Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) would also allow for the construction of mid-rise apartment buildings near mass transit, along with small apartment complexes and townhouses in wealthy communities located in some of the state's larger counties, including Los Angeles.

The legislation prohibits the demolition of single-family homes to build fourplexes without government review, while developers could continue to build single-family homes as they see fit. That said, allow up to four homes on a single parcel of land would trigger "significant change" in the way California has grown over the last 100 years, according to the Times
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...torical-wrongs

I'm sure the citizens of LA will really enjoy what the above will do to their city when they already have problems like this

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air...510182542.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Sounds like what Seattle was talking about years back. I have no idea the final result is/was but the intent was to force home owners to divide their lot when selling their home so another house could be built.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I'm most impressed at the immense volume of bills the inner-Cal law makers write and/or support on social "wrongs" while avoiding the real problems they should be concerned over.
    I guess it's tricky to promote open borders and bringing down spending at the same time.
    Overall, politicians tend to suck.

In my suburb, there is a newer development (GM sold the land about 15 years ago) with houses, condos and some senior living places. There's a shopping center in front of the housing, with Meijer, Aldi, LA Fitness. There are bike/hike paths. It works because with the exception of the senior housing, there are no rentals.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    They should also demand at least one
    apartment building devoted entirely
    to MS-13 members. You know, just to be "fair".
    May the FORCE be with you!