and there was Bambi #1 peaking in the window! He/She
    eventually walked into the front lawn area and seemed
    to go back to mama.

Unfortunately, the mama walked away with
    fawn #2 in tow and no sign of # 1.

I opened the front door and looked, no sign of
    the deer. LOL, I made the mistake of looking a little
    closer and there was the little cutey all curled up in a
    corner!! I talked to it but no response.

Thankfully no T-Storms tonight. Hopefully the fawn
    is already back with mama or we will have to deal
    with it in the morning.

I should have just blasted the thing...
    May the FORCE be with you!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    They are tender at that age.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They are tender at that age.

As I suspected, the mama must have come
    back and collected Bambi. No fawn in
    the morn!
    May the FORCE be with you!

It's the crucial discovering what's accessably edible and what isn't Season for them now. By September you should be able to 'leave food' out for them and not have them lingering in the yard too much.

They're at least trimming the ground cover in the back of our yard now. We got a few new plants at the Nature Reserve at Mo Botanical Garden. They had a one day sale of native plants (actually 2 of the plants that are supposed to grow into bushes look like weeds). The volunteers swore that they were plants that the deer don't like. I guess I'm nuts, but I enjoy watching them, especially the babies. I've been thinking of getting a salt block for them, but perhaps the neighbors would get upset with us.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They're at least trimming the ground cover in the back of our yard now. We got a few new plants at the Nature Reserve at Mo Botanical Garden. They had a one day sale of native plants (actually 2 of the plants that are supposed to grow into bushes look like weeds). The volunteers swore that they were plants that the deer don't like. I guess I'm nuts, but I enjoy watching them, especially the babies. I've been thinking of getting a salt block for them, but perhaps the neighbors would get upset with us.
    Hard sayin'. They can be a nuisance, but not really. (Deer. Not your neighbors.)

It's unrealistic to plant a 'decoy' apple-tree for them.

They can make friends with dogs and cats, who can distract them from grazing... but not necessarily.

Cloven-hoofed rats that need to stay in the woods. The neighbors who throw out deer corn contribute to the dead deer in the bar ditch and the limping does eating anything of value in my yard. If I had my way we would harvest every last one and contribute the meat to the food banks.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Hard sayin'. They can be a nuisance, but not really. (Deer. Not your neighbors.)

It's unrealistic to plant a 'decoy' apple-tree for them.

They can make friends with dogs and cats, who can distract them from grazing... but not necessarily.
    Actually I'd take the deer over one of our neighbors, who are always whining about something. Now I know why the young couple who had our house previously decided to sell. We've paid to have 2 large trees removed due to the whining of this neighbor. it turns out one of the trees probably was on his property but he scammed us into removing it. Now he's complaining about the way our contractor put the pipe from our sump pump. That's going to be another $400. They never say thank you, but do admit the previous owners basically told them to go to hell. It doesn't pay for us to play nice. It just escalates their demands. That's why I prefer deer to them.

After almost 30 years of selling office equipment to the feds and state and local offices, I started preferring dogs to most people.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Actually I'd take the deer over one of our neighbors, who are always whining about something. Now I know why the young couple who had our house previously decided to sell. We've paid to have 2 large trees removed due to the whining of this neighbor. it turns out one of the trees probably was on his property but he scammed us into removing it. Now he's complaining about the way our contractor put the pipe from our sump pump. That's going to be another $400. They never say thank you, but do admit the previous owners basically told them to go to hell. It doesn't pay for us to play nice. It just escalates their demands. That's why I prefer deer to them.

After almost 30 years of selling office equipment to the feds and state and local offices, I started preferring dogs to most people.
    Sounds like the previous occupants had the right idea re you neighbors. You're just feeding the beast if you do anything for them that's not absolutely legally required.

They're proof that not all Midwesterners are nice and kind and friendly. The woman's eyes turned into little slits in her heads when she spit out the "legal" word when she complained about water damage. The rest of their lawn looks awful and I personally don't see any difference. I'm just going to totally avoid them and never do anything else for them.

"